Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share this with the forum as it seems the people here are the only ones that truly understand.

I ordered my Caliber today...:):):):)
Inferno Red Caliber R/T FWD
w/CVT
MusicGate
Sunroof
ESP
Heated Seats
uConnect
Driver Convenience group
Security Group
YES Essentials Premium Cloth Seats
Daytime running lights

Now all I have to do is wait...
...but whew the hard part's over ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
i wish i knew there was a fwd r/t coming out.... congrats on the order

·
Registered
911 Posts
Congrats! Hopefully you won't have too long of a wait like most of here did. Its a huge test of patients. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered about the same car last thursday except I selected the 5 speed manual transmission. Out of curiosity, what did the "yes essential premium cloth" cost you as an option? I'm thinking about getting my dealer to add it to the list of options. Can you get that with the seat inserts?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grendel_Cave said:
I ordered about the same car last thursday except I selected the 5 speed manual transmission. Out of curiosity, what did the "yes essential premium cloth" cost you as an option? I'm thinking about getting my dealer to add it to the list of options. Can you get that with the seat inserts?
I tried to get the premium cloth seats with the color keyed insert to no avail, even on the R/T. I decided to forgo the color key in favor of the more durable seats. I can always add the colored dash bezel later on but I'll have piece of mind with the seats (and dog).

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Congrats on the order!:)

Did you see my post in the picture/media post about MPG for the FWD R/T as you were asking (I think it was you)? It is 24/27 (CVT2) (est. ofcourse) not too bad, all depends on driving habbits anyway.

Waiting game begins!;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Congrats on the order!:)

Did you see my post in the picture/media post about MPG for the FWD R/T as you were asking (I think it was you)? It is 24/27 (CVT2) (est. ofcourse) not too bad, all depends on driving habbits anyway.

Waiting game begins!;)
Thanks You've been most helpful here!!

I wound up ordering from Manhattan Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge as my experience with Major World wasn't favorable.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is everyone so excited about the FWD R/T? One of the main reasons I ordered the R/T was because of the AWD. I understand the weight increase but I thought that the AWD was a great selling point in a vehicle.

Just wondering

·
Registered
19 Posts
The excitement for the FWD RT comes from the fact (at least for me) it uses a much larger engine and you can pair it with a five speed manual. That means that you have 172 horses with 165 pounds of torque with a "lighter" vehicle and without the "pokey" CVT. Granted its not a SRT, BUT, I think the difference will be noticeable. So with the RT FWD you get better gas milage 27/31, better acceleration, and more towing capacity. Also, I've never been too impressed by an AWD system. I guess its great for snow and stuff, but having owned several off road warriors, speed activated AWD just doesn't stack up against a true 4 x 4.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
The Jeep Compass Limited 4X2 has the same EPA MPG estimates 24/27. I would think the Caliber might be slightly better...maybe 25/28 might be too optimistic though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much did you pay for the "yes essential" seats? My dealer and business manager at the dealership are having difficulty giving me an answer. I'm getting a bit tired of knowing more than either one of them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grendel_Cave said:
How much did you pay for the "yes essential" seats? My dealer and business manager at the dealership are having difficulty giving me an answer. I'm getting a bit tired of knowing more than either one of them.
MSRP=$150.00

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
The Jeep Compass Limited 4X2 has the same EPA MPG estimates 24/27. I would think the Caliber might be slightly better...maybe 25/28 might be too optimistic though.
Thats what I was hoping too, I am just curious on how Honda can get a 10MPG difference between the city and highway. Getting 24/34 for FWD R/T would be sweet!:cool: Then 26-36 for the 2.0L:)

You get my thinking...anyway...keep waiting!

·
Registered
19 Posts
MSRP=$150.00

Cool. Any idea about how they look? Are they a different color than the typical stone gray? I had ordered the color inserts, but with a dog to haul around, I'm afraid they might pick or be too difficult to clean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts