Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting patiently for 23 weeks my car has finally been built. It is in Windsor now with an estimated ship date to my dealer of Oct 23.

I am so excited to finally have my Caliber. Now it's just a matter of which accessories to get. I'm definately going for the Mopar sunshade, hitch, slush matts and bug deflector. And of course tint as soon as it arrives.

I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Now the sleepless nights begin. Congratulations!!!
23 weeks?!:eek: I can't even imagine.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The worst part is that my buddy is buying my Accent from me. So he has been on my butt for those 23 weeks cause he wants his car. Plus all my co-workers have been grinding my gears about being so patient. They have been telling me to go to my dealer kicking and screaming. It was this forum that kept me calm. Knowing that I wasn't the only one waiting makes things a lot easier. I had a better understanding of the wait times and production problems.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tigerr said:
After waiting patiently for 23 weeks my car has finally been built. It is in Windsor now with an estimated ship date to my dealer of Oct 23.

I am so excited to finally have my Caliber. Now it's just a matter of which accessories to get. I'm definately going for the Mopar sunshade, hitch, slush matts and bug deflector. And of course tint as soon as it arrives.

I'll post pics as soon as I get it.
Congratulations! It's nice to hear such great news like that. I just begun my wait and I'm already as anxious as ever. I can't even imagine waiting 23 weeks. I commend you for having the patience to stick it out that long! I know you're going to really enjoy your Caliber.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I only have to wait till Saturday, then I´ll pick up my new R/T at my Dealer :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tigerr said:
I think we're in competition for longest 'order-to-receive' date. We'll see who gets the unfortunate longest-wait record. As of Friday, I know mine's at the Toledo Rail Yard with no ETA. We're on week 25 now.

J

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, I was told today my June 5th order would ship on 10/20. Somehow I think from now until delivery will be harder than from order until now. I am actually excited about it. I had many of the same issues teasing from co-workers frustration not knowing. Mine went into and out of D1 5 times that I counted. I also made 2 mistakes. When they gave me my first delivery date (in two weeks) I sold my car and took out my loan. I have made 2 payments on a car I don't own. :) At least it'll get paid off sooner.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
B74ubba said:
Yep, I was told today my June 5th order would ship on 10/20. Somehow I think from now until delivery will be harder than from order until now. I am actually excited about it. I had many of the same issues teasing from co-workers frustration not knowing. Mine went into and out of D1 5 times that I counted. I also made 2 mistakes. When they gave me my first delivery date (in two weeks) I sold my car and took out my loan. I have made 2 payments on a car I don't own. :) At least it'll get paid off sooner.

Ahh man thats gotta be annoying. Doesnt mke a difference in the end at least. Im glad mine came on time because i put my primary car into storage insurance and started getting it ready for paint the week before delivery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Youppi.I m happy to know that finally you will have your caliber.Je suis tres contente pour toi.I know the frustration you have when somebody said that he has his car in 1 ou 2 weeks.I wait 5 months. Ca vaut la peine d attendre.Ma caliber est plus belle que je l avait imaginer.I just love mine and she s more beautiful than i imagine.It s a shame that in Germany they have the car in week we are just neighbor and it take months.Hope you will enjoy...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
tootsy said:
Youppi.I m happy to know that finally you will have your caliber.Je suis tres contente pour toi.I know the frustration you have when somebody said that he has his car in 1 ou 2 weeks.I wait 5 months. Ca vaut la peine d attendre.Ma caliber est plus belle que je l avait imaginer.I just love mine and she s more beautiful than i imagine.It s a shame that in Germany they have the car in week we are just neighbor and it take months.Hope you will enjoy...
,i am also a member in a german forum and they are all waiting 3-4 month for there car and some of them even longer and some even gave it a quit and gave up ,especiale with the s 1.8 lieter 5 speed manual model ,they cant get them build for some reason ,so i guess its everwhere <cheers Thomas

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I got a call yesterday afternoon that my car was in. I was so excited. Went down to the dealer and worked out the paperwork. I also got to drive it in the parking lot. It was really fun. They are putting on the hitch, accessories and tinting today and I get to keep her on Saturday. Now I'm really not going to sleep until then.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Did you find out what the hold up was? 23 weeks seems too nutty to JUST be a production thing. If I may ask, whats the date on your door sticker?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tigerr said:
Well, I got a call yesterday afternoon that my car was in. I was so excited. Went down to the dealer and worked out the paperwork. I also got to drive it in the parking lot. It was really fun. They are putting on the hitch, accessories and tinting today and I get to keep her on Saturday. Now I'm really not going to sleep until then.
No lie sleeping would be a problem for me too. I had a tough time with that and I only had to wait 4 days for a dealer trade. Congrats!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Principal said:
Did you find out what the hold up was? 23 weeks seems too nutty to JUST be a production thing. If I may ask, whats the date on your door sticker?
There were a few things. First my dealer was having problems getting Caliber allocations. When he finally did, every car he had on order moved but mine. It seems the 5-Speed may have been the issue as no other Caliber he had on order was a 5-Speed. Cars ordered after mine started to arrive and thats when I started yelling at the general manager of the dealership. My car didn't move into D1 until last week. It only moved into D early Oct. The rest of the time I spent in BX.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts