Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been following the forums for weeks now and decided to join in. I ordered my Steel Blue SXT on May 17th, and have been paitently waiting, I got a great deal from a good friend at my local dealership and was told it would take no longer than 6-8 weeks. Well that has come and gone, I am very happy with the dealership and the price I was given and did not want to bother them to much. I never asked for the VIN or VON, so I have been in the dark so far. My only contacts was at the six week and ten week mark, were I was told that they had no information or time estimation. I was told that if I liked any other on the lot I could switch up, but they were all base models and not what I am looking for. But Friday I got some good news my salesmand told me that my caliber was waiting on a rail car and that I should definitly have it by the end of August. I was stoked, and asked him so that means it has been built it is just waiting to be shipped, he said yes! I took this good news and left. After leaving I thought about what he said "I will definitly have it by the end of aug. I hope he was just covering his end by that time frame. Does anyone know how long it should take to go from waiting for a rail car to delivery at the dealership in Virginia. I hope it does not take four weeks. I want to enjoy some summer fun with my first ever new car.

By the way I have been busy finding neat stuff on Ebay, I recomend the the molded liner that sells for $40, the euro ant., and the door sils.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes!!! mine just came in today!!! they screwed mine up but agreed to have the heated seats put in aftermarket, and the windows tinted!! waited since march 28th. gotta wait till after i get from camping to get it though!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good color choice :) I have only seen one other one my color around here and I think it was the base model the dealer tried to sell me. Sorry I have no clude on how long the shipping takes since I drove a few hours to PA to get mine because I didn't want a base and I didn't want to wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My salesman told me that they have only had one steel blue and it was a base model manual trans, they have not seen a steel blue SXT and thing mine will be the first. All they seem to get in is yellow, white, and orange but a good mixture of standard, sxt and rt.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Did you get a 5-speed or automatic? It made it harder for me because I only wanted a 5-Speed. They almost talked me into several other colors but I held my ground :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
automatic, I have been driving a stick for six years now and it's time for a change, its all fun and games until your in traffic.

I ordered:
Steel blue sxt 2.0 cvt2
driver conv group
security group
17" aluminuim wheels
fog lamps
bright grill
standard gray interior (didn't like the blue dash insert)
Power group
regular radio (so I an use my Ipod)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine too is suppose to be on its way :) In contacting Playboy he gave me a run down on my car. Its sitting on a railcar waiting for delivery to car dealer. Looks like the car dealer should have it by the 8th of August (Florida) I am so looking foward to it...Its been since May 18 for me. Just in time to put on miles taking kids back and forth to school and sports :( Oh well...thats what I got it for I guess...Good luck let us know when you get it k

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered mine April 17th and just got it on Friday. But my uncle ordered 2 weeks after me and I heard he won't get his till September sometime... The wait was terrible, but it was worth it in the end :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Woohoo! I ordered mine May 19th, so I should be on those same rail cars :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like many May orders are finally making some progress, and even some delivered. I can't wait!!!!:D

My only decision left is on choosing between the last min options, I think I will pass on the undercoating due to the area I live in. We never see winter conditions, I am still on the fence about the paint protection, some have said it is nothing more than a wax, I don't know. I have decided on getting he scotch guard treatment for spill protection, and to have my windows tinted. I think I will have to set up an appointment for these applications, I don't want to wait any longer than I have to drive my caliber. It will be easy to get these done since the dealership is in walking distance from my work.

Have any of you decided on the above?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Before scotch guarding check if you already have the new stain resistant material on your seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got some good news from my salesman, My SXT has been loaded onto the rail car and I should have it by the end of next week.:D

I hope this is all true and good, I would love to get my car and enjoy what is left of summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brandon said:
Hi everyone, I have been following the forums for weeks now and decided to join in. I ordered my Steel Blue SXT on May 17th, and have been paitently waiting, I got a great deal from a good friend at my local dealership and was told it would take no longer than 6-8 weeks. Well that has come and gone, I am very happy with the dealership and the price I was given and did not want to bother them to much. I never asked for the VIN or VON, so I have been in the dark so far. My only contacts was at the six week and ten week mark, were I was told that they had no information or time estimation. I was told that if I liked any other on the lot I could switch up, but they were all base models and not what I am looking for. But Friday I got some good news my salesmand told me that my caliber was waiting on a rail car and that I should definitly have it by the end of August. I was stoked, and asked him so that means it has been built it is just waiting to be shipped, he said yes! I took this good news and left. After leaving I thought about what he said "I will definitly have it by the end of aug. I hope he was just covering his end by that time frame. Does anyone know how long it should take to go from waiting for a rail car to delivery at the dealership in Virginia. I hope it does not take four weeks. I want to enjoy some summer fun with my first ever new car.

By the way I have been busy finding neat stuff on Ebay, I recomend the the molded liner that sells for $40, the euro ant., and the door sils.
ASK HIM FOR THE VIN NUMBER,IT WILL TAKE 16 WEEKS

·
Registered
34 Posts
mmmmm it will not take 16 weeks... once mine got on to a rail car it took almost exactly a week and actually arrived quicker than Dodge's estimates by several days. That is to the Toronto area mind you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
has anyone changed their headlights to the blueish tinge??? on my pt i put in toucan eurolites, which are not expensive and look great. cant find ones for caliber though?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts