Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R/T has finally arrived:) For all you posting on the long waits, it was ordered first week of March, order refused due to colour conflict, found out the colours were mislabeled on the Canadian Dodge web site and after correcting the order to steel blue, the order was accepted third week of March. The shipping dates came and went. Then it was pulled as a random example for a quality control review. Then it sat in a railyard in Saskatchewan and then one week in Calgary for truck carrier.

I have had it for two days and will start off with my reaction to the Steel Blue which I had not seen live and only via posted photos. The R/T in Steel Blue is HOT, HOT, HOT!!! The chrome accents are perfect on this. I have had nothing but oohs and aahs from those seeing it. Steady compliments and "what did it cost" inquiries. I added the hood deflector, mudflaps, chrome sills, and rear windows tinting.

All was not perfect however. Uconnect is not working but computer diagnostic shows active. The dealer has an inquiry to Chrysler engineering on the go. It also has a minor shimmy at highway speeds but will have that looked at when they are ready to deal with the uconnect. The shimmy is minor but I'm fussy about anything coming through a vehicles steering wheel. I hear some resonant buzzes (again minor) when enjoying the killer 9 speaker audio system. I also think the head liner material is too prone to marks as I accidentally rubbed a finger on it and it left a noticable mark that came out with some cleaner and a cloth. I am paranoid now about the cream coloured velour headliner. It will show everything. Dodge should revisit this material choice.

No exhaust clicking. No engine pinging. Alignment seems good but as above, a little shimmy is present. Wheel balance maybe?

I read the CR article and need to say the comments on the interior materials and design are extremely biased. My friend has an new Mazda 3 G/T and he was blown away by the R/T interior. His Mazda is very comparable option wise with leather etc. The CR comments on noise are also confusing. Did they actually drive the car? It is wayyyy quieter than the Mazda 3, both road and engine noise. The comments of CR do not inspire confidence on the competence of their vehicle evaluations. I have another friend with a new Volvo 70 series AWD wagon and he was amazed at the value in the Caliber.

I've attached a couple of photos to satisfy the forum custom of new car arrivals. I have to say the steel blue is difficult to appreciate in even good photos. I have seen most colours now in the flesh and am totally thrilled with the colour I chose unseen.

To all those going through the agony of your vehicle order delays I say wait it out. Get what you want if making this kind of financial committment. I find some of the posters are way too critical re: the order waits. If you want a hot new car that everyone else is ordering too, expect to wait longer for it and quit the whining.

Sweet on this car!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
I can't really tell, but are the passenger side windows tinted as well? Anyway, congrats! You made a mighty fine choice!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
TechMan said:
My R/T has finally arrived:) ... I added the hood deflector, mudflaps, chrome sills, and rear windows tinting.
...I've attached a couple of photos to satisfy the forum custom of new car arrivals. ...
Sweet on this car!!
Thanks TechMan. You did it right by hooking us up with the pictures. ALSO, look at the mods!!! Awesome!! The tint looks great too!

Congratulations on holding out.

Tyke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
TechMan,

Many congrats on FINALLY getting your caliber.

I see many Calibers on the road in my area, and three colors immediately stand out: either of the BLUE ones, the Solar Yellow, and the Burnt Pumpki... er, Sunburst Orange.

Pictures are one thing, but - as you stated - your color is indeed "difficult to appreciate in even good photos".

You just gotta see it in person, and it sure does turn heads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
I like the Caliber in Steel Blue. I would have gotten it if you could get package E in Steel Blue. It looks very nice! The tinted windows make it look soooooo much nicer! Congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
nice, awsome, extraordinary,......... etc... etc.. etc....

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mahal3680 said:
I can't really tell, but are the passenger side windows tinted as well? Anyway, congrats! You made a mighty fine choice!!
Thanks for that! All are tinted except the front driver/passenger windows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I liked that color steel blue but could not wait and got a sliver instead... Good luck with your new car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Steel Blue looks great in the sun and when it's clean. Was my first choice but the one on the dealers was dirty and I gave in to the wife and bought the Baby Blue, lost the musicgate, but gained the sunroof. No regrets, now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
LOVE the CAR... I have a Steel Blue and I am so glad I took it. My original 1st choice was the Orange one... But I am so glad I took blue instead..
Enjoy your new ride...
and thanks for the pics. Now I can see what mine would look like with tinted rear windows...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
xlimodriver said:
Steel Blue looks great in the sun and when it's clean. Was my first choice but the one on the dealers was dirty and I gave in to the wife and bought the Baby Blue, lost the musicgate, but gained the sunroof. No regrets, now.
Yes, any dark colour is more work to keep looking good. But when its clean and shiny....woo hoo! This blue has a
lot of grey tones and metallic so fine dust is not so bad.
Wet road rash not so good. Its a semi arid climate here
with lots of sun and snow that stays around near my home. I think I've always driven darker colour vehicles including my last two Jeeps. A quick spray is about the same as a Starbucks coffee. Probably less:)

Thanks for the threads congrats all:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
TechMan said:
My R/T has finally arrived:) For all you posting on the long waits, it was ordered first week of March, order refused due to colour conflict, found out the colours were mislabeled on the Canadian Dodge web site and after correcting the order to steel blue, the order was accepted third week of March. The shipping dates came and went. Then it was pulled as a random example for a quality control review. Then it sat in a railyard in Saskatchewan and then one week in Calgary for truck carrier.

I have had it for two days and will start off with my reaction to the Steel Blue which I had not seen live and only via posted photos. The R/T in Steel Blue is HOT, HOT, HOT!!! The chrome accents are perfect on this. I have had nothing but oohs and aahs from those seeing it. Steady compliments and "what did it cost" inquiries. I added the hood deflector, mudflaps, chrome sills, and rear windows tinting.

All was not perfect however. Uconnect is not working but computer diagnostic shows active. The dealer has an inquiry to Chrysler engineering on the go. It also has a minor shimmy at highway speeds but will have that looked at when they are ready to deal with the uconnect. The shimmy is minor but I'm fussy about anything coming through a vehicles steering wheel. I hear some resonant buzzes (again minor) when enjoying the killer 9 speaker audio system. I also think the head liner material is too prone to marks as I accidentally rubbed a finger on it and it left a noticable mark that came out with some cleaner and a cloth. I am paranoid now about the cream coloured velour headliner. It will show everything. Dodge should revisit this material choice.

No exhaust clicking. No engine pinging. Alignment seems good but as above, a little shimmy is present. Wheel balance maybe?

I read the CR article and need to say the comments on the interior materials and design are extremely biased. My friend has an new Mazda 3 G/T and he was blown away by the R/T interior. His Mazda is very comparable option wise with leather etc. The CR comments on noise are also confusing. Did they actually drive the car? It is wayyyy quieter than the Mazda 3, both road and engine noise. The comments of CR do not inspire confidence on the competence of their vehicle evaluations. I have another friend with a new Volvo 70 series AWD wagon and he was amazed at the value in the Caliber.

I've attached a couple of photos to satisfy the forum custom of new car arrivals. I have to say the steel blue is difficult to appreciate in even good photos. I have seen most colours now in the flesh and am totally thrilled with the colour I chose unseen.

To all those going through the agony of your vehicle order delays I say wait it out. Get what you want if making this kind of financial committment. I find some of the posters are way too critical re: the order waits. If you want a hot new car that everyone else is ordering too, expect to wait longer for it and quit the whining.

Sweet on this car!!

Awesome and Congrats!!!:)

I really like those picture that you have attached! Any possible chance you can get some more shots of them in 1024x768 or larger format, they would look really good as a desktop. Resizing them will make them look blah, and I can't do that to a really nice looking car.

Take more pictures, lol....I am beginning to really like that color...:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Awesome and Congrats!!!:)

I really like those picture that you have attached! Any possible chance you can get some more shots of them in 1024x768 or larger format, they would look really good as a desktop. Resizing them will make them look blah, and I can't do that to a really nice looking car.

Take more pictures, lol....I am beginning to really like that color...:cool:
Here you go. I haven't taken any newer photos yet but attached are the larger format pics you requested. PM me with an email address if you want the original sized pics. They are too big to attach. 1024x768 is the max supported by the forum posting restrictions.

Happy Canada Day everyone! Best wishes to our southern neighbours for the 4th.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Congratulations on the end to a long wait. It sure is nice to have another good lookin' Steel Blue Caliber in the valley. Like the tinting but the crome on the side and door handles is not for me.
Good looking ride!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
TechMan, that is one sweet car.
Steel Blue was my first choice back in March. but I was too impatient for the late availability of this color. Ordered red, and have had the car since April. Maybe I need to order a steel blue r/t with fwd!!!
Good luck with ur car. Also, happy Canada Day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
congratulations very nice
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top