Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like that Nav system versus the whole new stereo. How does it take updates?

·
Registered
83 Posts
wow, it is so small..... where did you get it, ebay?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still finding my way round, however it seems the information is stored on a memory card so you could buy a new card if you needed to :)

I ordered it from my Chrysler dealer and they fitted it for me.

It can locate banks, pubs, restaurants, petrol stations etc - a very clever piece of kit :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the 'Road Angel Navigator 6000' and its also a nice piece of kit.

I think its a 'must have' rather than 'just' having an accessory specaily around Britains small and spegetti like roads.

Mine aslo warns me of ALL the speed cameras except the laser ones. And I have previously been prosecuted for doing 41mph on a 30mph road !

Now thats NOT what I call speeding, if I was doing say 70 mph on a 40mph road, or 60 mph on a 30 mph then I would say " yeah, ok fair cop I was going too fast" but over here in the UK they take the piss.

Hence we call these speed cams "flash n grab "

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It isn't removable because I prefer to have something that isn't going to fly off when I take corners sharply :eek:

The case is molded to fit the dashboard of the Caliber so it should mean that no-one will try and nick it!!

Having a Sat Nav is pretty essential for my job, I drive about 25,000 miles a year visiting different sites in the South of England and I have no sense of direction at all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well I just threw my satnav window suction cup holdrer thingy into the trash can and have now fixed my satnav to the dash with velcro. When I leave Cali-Babe parked up.....satnav comes with me.

Its a bit loose but it wont fall off under braking, cornering etc as it takes some effort to pull it off.

The guys who make the satnav said " dont even leave the cradle suction cup holder on the window and remove all marks on the glass that its been there too, as the scrotes will bust into a car to try and find it once they know you have one."

I hope you will be OK StephenM_UK. if its a permanent fixture they may leave you alone. anyway you have my best regards mate.

I'm a bit envious of you doing 25K a year in your Cali, you lucky sod ! I will jsut have to drive lots more on my days of!!
beep beep !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts