Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to swap the seats and door panels from the compass to the caliber? I love the 2 tone!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dam* they have black carpet too! I guess I need to keep an eye out for a wrecked compass.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
They have higher contrast 2 tone? Like black and light grey? I gotta see some pics of the compass interiors. I like my grey with blue inserts but would love to make my doors match too. Or maybve go black carpet and leather and grey dash with black accents

·
Registered
96 Posts
boostdog said:
Is it possible to swap the seats and door panels from the compass to the caliber? I love the 2 tone!!
-
The door panels on the Caliber & the Compass are not compatible/interchangeable with each other.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The seats, not sure will ask. Remind me if I forget. The carpet, yep it's the same cut/fit. :)

The only difference in the carpet other than color is RHD vs. LHD. RHD do not have the foot rest / dead pedal and therefore do not have the cutout holes.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UTB said:
-
The door panels on the Caliber & the Compass are not compatible/interchangeable with each other.
why not what is the diff.? they look exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yeah i like it too.. reversed colors. For the leather just go custom and you can get any color combo you want. I might have to look into the compass carpet though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
boostdog said:
why not what is the diff.? they look exactly the same.
-
They look somewhat similar, but they are totally different. The whole door-panel comes pre-assembled (with the inside mechanisms) in a packaged module ready to be put on the empty metal door shell. The mechanism inside is different. I think the only similarities are the fasteners used to secure the door-panel/module. The fasteners used to secure the door-latches. The screws used to secure the pull-cup & near the inside door handle/lever (2 on front, 2 on back). The fasteners used to secure the mirror(s). I can't be for certain (without measuring), but the Compass door(s) might be slightly larger than the Caliber door(s). It seems a little bigger to me when they are coming down the assembly line anyway. I could be wrong... but after putting together a few 100+ or so a day... I don't look at the fine distinctions. ;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UTB said:
-
They look somewhat similar, but they are totally different. The whole door-panel comes pre-assembled (with the inside mechanisms) in a packaged module ready to be put on the empty metal door shell. The mechanism inside is different. I think the only similarities are the fasteners used to secure the door-panel/module. The fasteners used to secure the door-latches. The screws used to secure the pull-cup & near the inside door handle/lever (2 on front, 2 on back). The fasteners used to secure the mirror(s). I can't be for certain (without measuring), but the Compass door(s) might be slightly larger than the Caliber door(s). It seems a little bigger to me when they are coming down the assembly line anyway. I could be wrong... but after putting together a few 100+ or so a day... I don't look at the fine distinctions. ;)
dully noted! thanks for the detailed discription. well I am still banking on the seats! wonder how much they are to buy from the dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts