Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd mention this incase anyone was thinking about buying those Jeep Compass mirrors becase they look practically the same... but they are NOT. There is a big difference with the vertical section that attaches to the body as you will see in the images.

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
Does anyone know if the wiring harness in the U.S. spec Caliber has the wires run for the Euro heated mirrors?

Since I have a U.S. spec Caliber, but I'm living in Europe, I thought I'd see if I could replace my mirrors with the Euro folding ones from the local dealer. If the wiring harness is already set up, I would be able to hook up the heating part while I'm at it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet it's already set up because the the wires on Compass mirrors that I have have a neat little plug fixture at the end. All I would have to do is plug the things in and then screw it to the car.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i was at the german chrystler dealer AKA german dodge and well looked into the electronic folding mirrors.... need a new switch for in the car and the new mirrors at 175 Euro a pop.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
that pic looks different than the normal compass, what is it? body kit or factory model?
Don't know. I'm not sure where I even got that image.

Also when I was talking about plugging the mirrors in I should mention that I already have the electric/remote mirrors. I simply wanted the Euro-spec folding mirrors.

Finding out that those Euro-spec mirrors are practically just like the Compass mirrors, and the Compass being as ugly as it is, I'm going to wait and see how well the Compass sales go, because I don't want my Caliber to look anything like a Compass if that thing is a miserable failure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
the compass is supposed to attract more female jeep fans (according to the new motor trend) but according to those pics, i can see many males preferring it than females but im not a female so thats just my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts