Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had e-mailed JL Audio about making a stealth box for the Caliber and they replied back that there is one in the works.The bad news is it could be up to a year before it is released.If you go to there website you can see examples of these box's especailly the P.T.Cuiser one and they are done very well and can't be detected as they look like stock.Hopefully I can be patient and wait as I want one of the box's and seperates for the dash and doors.Looking at a system with 2 tweeters in the dash and 6.5 in the front doors with a tweeter and 6.5 combo in the rear doors.I believe the sub will be a single 10 .

·
Registered
258 Posts
interesting.... the perfect sub for people without a musicgate system... or want to add another sub!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have been talking with the guys at MTX as they make the thunderforms and they are looking at releasing one this fall, probably around end of October just in time for SEMA or immediately there after. This is through the grapevine so you know how that stuff works but it makes sense to release it right before or after a major show like that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really want to see one of these done so I can add this as well as a JL Audio Slash amp and some really high quality JL seperates.That was the only reason I didn't get the BA sysetem and musicgate as I figured I could do better with my own 9 speaker setup.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
rcompart said:
I have been talking with the guys at MTX as they make the thunderforms and they are looking at releasing one this fall, probably around end of October just in time for SEMA or immediately there after. This is through the grapevine so you know how that stuff works but it makes sense to release it right before or after a major show like that.
Wonder where they are going to put this? I have a Thunderform in my Dakota. Sounds awsome. Usually they have them somewhere easy to install with a factory look. Also, I'd imaging the Thunderform will probably come loaded with an internal amp, instead of unloaded.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Bulldogger said:
You do that quite often?? Tell me I'm wrong? Most Thunderforms are sold as loaded amped versions. Of course, as the owner of one, what would I know, right??

Oh that's right, you are the stereo master and know everything. I supposed you tested the Thunderform for MTX and know all about it??

·
Registered
181 Posts
HSKR said:
You do that quite often?? Tell me I'm wrong? Most Thunderforms are sold as loaded amped versions. Of course, as the owner of one, what would I know, right??

Oh that's right, you are the stereo master and know everything. I supposed you tested the Thunderform for MTX and know all about it??
Let's not do this... You two both have knowledge and have shared a lot. I appreciate both of you most of the time. :rolleyes: I think if you know who you are you and what you know you should just stand in that confidence. When I worked in Radio you couldn't tell me I could get better than an AKG for the price. What everyone else thought well, I loved those things and wouldn't have traded them. Well, hope I'm not stirring the pot just want to ask for more peace in the world :eek: and to hear more about the products

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
savimia said:
I think if you know who you are you and what you know you should just stand in that confidence.
That's part of the problem. We both stand in our own confidence and don't agree on things. I'm just a smart arse by nature, and am confident enough to stand my ground when people decide to be ****s about things.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Calm down folks!!

I had a thunderform in my explorer and I used my own amp with it.. you can usually buy them as a complete set (amp and sub included), just the box and sub, or just the box and you can use whatever amp and sub you'd like to... so you really aren't limited at all :)

·
Banned
554 Posts
HSKR said:

That be the day I used a pre-fab enclosure, let alone any products made by MTX. Your terminology is what had me bangin' my head. Stick with what you know if you want to add your two cents. I've never heard of an enclosure that didn't have an amp installed on the box itself called "unloaded" or one with an amp mounted to it called "loaded" for that matter.

BTW - Having an amp mounted on a box is NEVER a good idea, though I have done it before. Just so you know.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are all wrong, you want great quality and fantastic sound, there are only two systems worth buying, Audiovox or Clarion, good music there. :D

Had to lighten the mood. ;)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Bulldogger said:
I've never heard of an enclosure that didn't have an amp installed on the box itself called "unloaded" or one with an amp mounted to it called "loaded" for that matter.

BTW - Having an amp mounted on a box is NEVER a good idea, though I have done it before. Just so you know.
You might want to check out MTX's Thunderform series then. Because they are sold as amped, loaded(subs and box only), or unloaded(empty box, add your own subs and amp). I bought the unloaded one for my truck and installed a set of IDQ subs. And the amped versions have an internal 200W class D amp inside the box. You hook up your cables to the box, and that's it.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/enclosures/thunderform.cfm

And you can find the "unloaded" versions on Crutchfields website.

Maybe you should research a little before you try calling people out next time. You may learn that you really don't know everything, and avoid sounding like a know it all jerk off. Oh, and you better let MTX know that they are doing things all wrong. Maybe they will hire you to do thier R&D so they don't make the same mistakes they have been making the past 10+ years with thier Thunderform enclosures.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Bulldogger said:
Poor wording. Period.

Like I said before, you don't know me well enough to insult me.
How is using the wording direct from the MTX website poor wording on my part?? I don't get it. You claim to know so much about stereo stuff, but yet, you didn't know what a loaded, or unloaded MTX Thunderform was and tried to tell me I was an idiot when I was right. At least man up and admit you were wrong on this one, cause the facts have been proven, whether you like it or not.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts