Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I traded in our TC for a Marine Blue R/T... loving it more and more every day. Only complaints so far is the damn armrest!!! nothing a simple screw can't fix. And the front doors need better alignment, I saw someone post about having that taken care of, so I'll mention it when we take it in for it's 1st oil change. Oh and the cooling glove compartment sux! as in it won't stay open, I'm sure Dodge will address these issues in the future..it's to be expected on a 1st Gen car. Anywho pics below...more at the link. enjoy!

http://www.forbiddensky.com/CaliberRT/CaliberRT.html

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nice! I love the Marine Blue! It is such a pretty blue. I can't wait until my blue Caliber comes in!!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Oooh how pretty! This color gets me everytime, first I like it then I don't and back again, maybe it is the light?

Anyway awesome caliber!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice looking R/T and congrats!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congratulations of the purchase! Good set of pics too!

Tyke

·
Registered
381 Posts
Very Nice... Today was the first instance where I wish I had AWD on my SXT... almost put the Caliber into a ditch on an extremely muddy road while storm chasing. At several points, I was driving straight down the road but with the car angled 30 degrees off center :O. Then agian, I'm not sure how much AWD would of helped since the tires were completely caked in mud. By the end, I had mud even on top of the sunroof!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Big Congrats! Your photos really flatter the car. The wheels and tires in your photos make me glad I chose the silver instead of chrome wheels. I agree with the comment on how varying light levels change the marine blue. It definitely does look different when the light changes and earlier photos all look different from one another. Enjoy your new car:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
WOW! Those pics make the marine blue look great! I just may end up keeping my accidentally-ordered marine and tell the dealership to keep the steel blue. That colour looks way nicer in the pics than it did on the dodge.ca website.

·
Registered
311 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
Very Nice... Today was the first instance where I wish I had AWD on my SXT... almost put the Caliber into a ditch on an extremely muddy road while storm chasing. ... By the end, I had mud even on top of the sunroof!
I know you have that camera with you on those runs. Take any pictures? The AWD might not have helped, but I'm sure that you had lots of fun navigating through the mud.

Tyke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments! I was originally gonna wait for a Solar Yellow R/T but they were having no luck locating one, let alone knowing if they were even being produced. (I have since see one on the road) Then I was wanting Black with Red inserts but no dice there either, lots of black with blue... not to my liking. I happened to drop by the dealer that day and it had just come off of the truck. I reeeeaaalllyyy like the marine blue, I would have not even given it a chance if it wasn't for seeing it in person. the color really compliments the Caliber. The chrome blends well with it. I'm also glad it came with the machined wheels, all the other R/T's I've seen had the chrome wheels..which I just did not like... ramble ramble ramble..that is all :) A-D-D kickin in...

·
Registered
384 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
By the end, I had mud even on top of the sunroof!
This is OT but it reminds me of something funny. Once my husband and I were in his Trans Am with the t-tops off and we had parked the car in a muddy grassy area so we could go out to this field to shoot off model rockets. Well when we were trying to drive away, the back tires (rear wheel drive) were spinning and spinning and we were stuck so he gave it more gas and then mud flew up and over the car and landed ALL OVER ME!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
At several points, I was driving straight down the road but with the car angled 30 degrees off center :O. Then agian, I'm not sure how much AWD would of helped since the tires were completely caked in mud. By the end, I had mud even on top of the sunroof!

And I was worried a Caliber would not be a good replacement for my Jeep. Sounds like it will be just about as fun...if not more.

Great pix of the Marine Blue R/T. I am starting to think I should have ordered the R/T rather than SXT. That colour looks different everytime I see it. I saw a Truck with 3 on it, and 2 others on a lot yesterday...and they looked different both times. It's like a chamelean!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nice looking car! The R/T looks really good in Marine Blue, even the chrome trim... (from someone who's not a fan of chrome). The chrome trim and colored interior really pull it all together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts