·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: Screw it !

Don't waste time or money. I've read the feedback on them and it is just a plain old resistor you could buy for .50 cents at radio shack! If you've already ordered it...lemme know what happens...i am extremely skeptical and from what i have read they don't do sh*t!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'll let everyone know how it works, I hope I can feel or see the difference. I look on the feedback from the seller and find so far two people that bought it and looked like they were happy. I sent them an email to comfirm it.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Definitly let me know because i looked at it and after checkin it out it was not a chip at all but a resistor that interupts your MAF sensor...beware!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

All you bought was a resistor that you coudl have picked up three of for $1 at your local Radio Shack. And you will be lucky to see any performance increase, but I guarantee you WILL see a gas mileage decrease. All it does is trick your computer into thinking the air coming into the motor is under 50 degrees which triggers the PCM to advance timing and dump more fuel into the motor. You'd get better results by unplugging your A/C compressor and turning the A/C on. That also increases timing, but doesn't add more fuel. And with the compressor unplugged, won't put an additional load on the motor.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

Do they offer a refund if you don't see the hp and torque claims in thier add?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yeah they offer a refund...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

Just read through the feedback. Knowing what it actually is, the feedback kinda sucks. 90% of the positives are form people just saying it was shipped fast, but didn't really comment on how good it works. The people who did comment on how good it work, there were only a few who said it worked good, and also a few who said it didn't work. Looks like one person actually got a refund, but most just marked it up as a $12 loss. Not bad for the seller though. Making $10 on each transaction. Figuring in one trip to Radioshack for gas mileage, and time and effort to drop a resistor into an envelope and print out some instructions probabaly typed up in Microsoft Word.

And to get 25 horsepower at the wheels is going to take more than a stupid resistor. I doubt ANY vehicle ever gets the claimed hp in the auction.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

And his feedback on the "chip" has only been since Sept 7th. A whole 14 days of Ebay business isn't going to give you a very good idea of how well it's going to work, other than the fact that it's just a resistor that goes into the IAT sensor plug. A trick that has been in use for several years by racers, but not something you want in aa daily driver. Especially if you care about your gas mileage. You could pull the IAT sensor out and move it to the front of the grill and get the same results.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah I looked at that too. But, I decided it was probably just a scam.

·
Registered
644 Posts
pretty much all ull do is run rich and burn up more fuel. Dinky lil part you coulda got at radio shack

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey guys, relax! Give him a break. If he wants to buy a chip for his car, let him. Don't sit here and bash him. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt... He decided to take the chance. Good on ya man, let me know how it works out for ya.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did this same mod on my 2003 Dodge Ram truck by just purchasing a Resistor and soldering it into the Air Intake Temperature sensor. It did just what everyone said here, truck ran rich, tailpipe was black and sooty, and no noticeable performance gain. Just lousy gas mileage.

It is not really a ripoff, except they lie about the performance gains, but they ususally say gains up to 25 H.P. I think it will come already wired with a plug so you just unplug your IAT and plug this in.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought the resistor off ebay for the low low price of 6 bucks, doesn't do a thing but make you check engine light come on. And actual loss off gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Serantos said:
Hey guys, relax! Give him a break. If he wants to buy a chip for his car, let him. Don't sit here and bash him. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt... He decided to take the chance. Good on ya man, let me know how it works out for ya.
Not bashing him, just trying to inform so other people don't waste money. Because that's what it was, a waste of money when you can run down to your local Radio Shack or equivalent electronics store and buy a package of three resistors for a tenth the price he paid, and get the same results. Lower gas mileage, and any performance gains comes from weight loss due to a lighter wallet.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Serantos said:
My thoughts exactly!:)

Seriously, it is not like he spent $150 on it, only $6 or so (About 3 cups of coffee, not a wallet breaker). Now when someone has a question regarding it, we can jump in with the findings, right?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
My thoughts exactly!:)

Seriously, it is not like he spent $150 on it, only $6 or so (About 3 cups of coffee, not a wallet breaker). Now when someone has a question regarding it, we can jump in with the findings, right?
After shipping he ended up spending closer to $12. Still not much, but more than needed for a resistor that costs less than $1.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.