Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my first real life Caliber, They look great on the outside, but... The interior layout looks good, but there are a couple of little details that let you down.

1) the interior plactics have a cheap feel to them, they actually feel like that plactic that chaulks easily after a few years of sunlight (by contrast the Toyota Matrix's interior plastics "feel" much higher in quality.

2) The center armrest. seems like a good idea, but the mechanism used to allow it to slide is really cheap feeling. It will not stay in the position you select. It moves back and forth just tooo easily.

Lastly, that drop down speaker set...good idea, poor execution. When it's in the down poisition, you can see the speak wires!!! They could have easily hidden the wires in the hinge.

P
Oh and my biggest BEEF they only have a MTX in the smallest engine!!!! why do NA manufactureres only put MTX in either their economy models or their high end sports cars?? Can no one drive a stick anymore??

Interior space is pretty good, almost on par with my current Stratus, The gauge cluster is definitely better and more driver centered and drigther than the Matrix. The paint work is excellent, and the general level of fit and finish is much better than the over rated Mazda 3.

I will likely be buying one in september The exterior styling is Oh soo good and the power in even the smallest engine is respectable!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
You're not really supposed to see the back of the speakers when they're folded down. You're supposed to be outside kickin' it with your mates. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Anyway they are still told, or memorize what to say if certain questions arise from the consumers. I would not do that if I worked for them, I also probably wouldn't have a job if I did that;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
are things like the flip down speakers options? cuz i wouldnt want that stupid shit. just mores stuff to rattle and i would never use it. i would also wind up killing the battery if i did use it and id have to jump my car all the time

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw it today at the auto show, I wasnt to impressed with it, it jus looks to cheesy inside and outside i jus dont like the overall appearence of it...thats my two cents.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The flip down speakers are an option. They come with the premium sound package.

Don't judge this car on looks. Drive it before you make an opinion. It drives better than you think. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts