Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished doing the nite shades on my taillights. It came out better than i thought. Only used 2 coats of the spray. Getting the taillights out was the most difficult part of the job but it still got done.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got mine on Ebay. it's made by VHT. type in VHT Nite shades. I paid $12 for it. Not bad. Next will be my headlight mod. I plan on taking them apart and doing the inside of them black. Taking one the members advice on here on DIY black headlight housings. Just got my replacement headlights so i plan on trying it out on those just in case.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If you are talking about applying a tint film like you would on windows, it is not the same effect, and wouldn't look as good either. Window tint isn't made for extermal use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont want to come off like a jerk but i have seen it done alot better. The paint you used made the lenses look foggy. I could be just the pic i guess

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is the pic cause it has a clear coat on it. sorry but digital cameras make everything pixelated. as far as tint goes... my friend did that on his SRT neon and it came out horrible. tint came off within 2 months time. hey to each their own. i like it and thats that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm not going to do that. one of my friends did that and got pulled over for it. it does dim out your headlights alot. i would either buy a dark set off of ebay or black out the casing yourself. its a project but comes out really good.

·
Registered
567 Posts
my buddy did them to his toyota vibe, whoopsie i mean "pontiac" vibe, and they looked okay, he buffed them between coats, and still kinda looks like **** in my opinion.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Eh? Talk about ruining some expensive taillights! I would never do something you can't easily remove. What if you want to trade it in now? The dealer is going to have to take that off before they can sell it which will come out of your pocket, not theirs. Sorry to sound like a dink but....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that stuff does come off. My buddy did it to his car and just used some type of paint removal spray and no harm was done to the tailights and nightshades came right off..I wouldnt put something on my car unless i knew that it could come off if need be. to each their own like i keep saying. if you dont like it keep it to yourself. But everyone has their own creativity on their own cars. I respect each and everyone ones style on the forums. And as far as the dealership goes on lessening the value of the car that is a bunch of b/s. I traded in my Audi for this and my Audi had alot of aftermarket stuff done to it. They didnt lessen the value of anything on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts