Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D We (wife and I) purchased an SXT on Friday evening. We lucked out because thier happened to be one on the lot that someone wound up cancelling. It was close to what we wanted so we bought it. I drove it last nite and to work today. So far (knock on wood) no problems. No squeeks rattles or leaks to speak of.

P.S. The dash board top is huge!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:p Pics will come soon. One thing I found odd (don't know if it's been discussed before). Here in Canada (don't know if it's used in the USA) all cars need to have daytime running lights. That is the headlights are always on, albeit they aren't as bright when in the daylight. Anyway back to my findings. I noticed that when you are running the daytime headlights and you signal to make a left turn the headlight shuts off untill the flicker turns off. The same thing happens with the right one. This does not happen when you have the full headlight system on. I seemed to notice this on another Caliber last week. Strange.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black SXT, air conditioning, automatic, colour (blue) seat inserts, bug deftlector (hopefully won't get my windshield cracked near the bottom).:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Angelfish said:
Black SXT, air conditioning, automatic, colour (blue) seat inserts, bug deftlector (hopefully won't get my windshield cracked near the bottom).:eek:
Congrats!!! :):):)I need to see pictures of that ASAP!!!! That color choice/ insert combo is one up for the running for me (#2 on the list!)!:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's the same color/insert combo I got on my R/T and it works very well. I'm guilty of not posting any pictures as well though...

congrats on the new purchase!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Angelfish said:
..One thing I found odd... I noticed that when you are running the daytime headlights and you signal to make a turn the headlight shuts off untill the flicker turns off. This does not happen when you have the full headlight system on...Strange.

I just noticed this the other day too while pulling into the driveway of store that has big windows...saw it in the reflection. :cool:

·
Registered
506 Posts
do all caliber's have DRL?

·
Registered
119 Posts
mudstone said:
do all caliber's have DRL?
Heya Mudstone,

Daytime running lights are standard in Canada, required by law, it's optional in the States. I believe the option is $50 south of the border.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Satellitedriver said:
Heya Mudstone,

Daytime running lights are standard in Canada, required by law, it's optional in the States. I believe the option is $50 south of the border.
Its $40.00 down here. I drove a Sunburst R/T a few months ago. It had the DRL's. I noticed the same thing that the headlights go out. Saw it in the rear (shiny paint) of the car infront of me. :)

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
moparknighthawk said:
Its $40.00 down here. I drove a Sunburst R/T a few months ago. It had the DRL's. I noticed the same thing that the headlights go out. Saw it in the rear (shiny paint) of the car infront of me. :)
Charging $40/50 for this option is just plain wrong... it's a simple 2 minute process to enable the DRLs using a StarScan Tool.
We went through a long discovery process at our sister-site www.300cforums.com, knowing that, if Canada had them, it had to be available here too... We finally got to the bottom of it, and many dealers would do them free. Some attempted to charge a fee, but for those dealers, members incorporated the 'fix' into a routine service visit along with some krispy Kremes or a pizza and voila! I know someone with a StarScan Tool and got my 300C done... bet you guys and gals could do the same. If anyone w/o DRL's is interested in giving it a try, shoot me a PM for more info and we'll experiment here too!

Angelfish... sorry for the off-topic part. Congrats on the new baby, we require pics from all new members :D !
For those that may not be familiar with picture posting, I just added a 'How-To' sticky thread here for reference

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As for the odd situation that I noted with the Daytime running lights and the fact that the corresponding headlight goes off when signalling. I have since been told that it is a Chrysler feature in that while using the signal light (in daylight mode) the corresponding headlight will turn off to allow oncomming traffic and easier view of you signal light. (This is what I have been told.:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
86 Posts
Angelfish said:
As for the odd situation that I noted with the Daytime running lights and the fact that the corresponding headlight goes off when signalling. I have since been told that it is a Chrysler feature in that while using the signal light (in daylight mode) the corresponding headlight will turn off to allow oncomming traffic and easier view of you signal light. (This is what I have been told.:rolleyes: )
Makes perfect sense. DCX is so innovative.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
also on the new Ram pick-ups.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Angelfish said:
:p Pics will come soon. ... I noticed that when you are running the daytime headlights and you signal to make a left turn the headlight shuts off untill the flicker turns off. The same thing happens with the right one. This does not happen when you have the full headlight system on. I seemed to notice this on another Caliber last week. Strange.
:) :) :) :)
I coined the phrase Blink-Wink related to your musings. Please see this thread for the details related to the headlight wink. There's another thread or two prior to the one I've linked. I can't remember the keywords that got me there, but maybe someone else can help you with it if you need more information.

Congratulations on your purchase. Has your wife (we-factor) driven it yet?

Tyke

·
Registered
506 Posts
so if i go to the dealer they can enable the DRL for me? and how much should i expect to spend... or... is there any way that i can get myself one of these scan tool thingymajiggys.. wut else can the tool do?

·
Registered
506 Posts
???? anyone???

·
Registered
901 Posts
mudstone said:
so if i go to the dealer they can enable the DRL for me? and how much should i expect to spend... or... is there any way that i can get myself one of these scan tool thingymajiggys.. wut else can the tool do?
It's probably one of those highly expensive service-only tools that you just can't get, even on eBay. ;)
You can ask your dealership (or other DCX brand place, whichever you could get to easier) and see if they can do what Hemeee suggested in Post #12.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts