Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just my luck UPDATED 9/29

Wel I got the windows tinted the other day on the car and today we could roll them down. I cleaned them to notice a ton of tiny black bubbles ( the ones that won't go away ) as well as some wierd crease looking things or cuts ( not sure ). I also noticed some cuts in the glass on the outside !! They are very small but to me it doesn't matter, there should be none.

I called the guy and asked how they cut there tint, he said it was done by computer. Thats a lie if I ever heard one, u can see how jagged some of the cuts are.

So now what to do ? Am I being to picky or should I be pissed ? I think I'll have one hell of a time getting them to replace the two very back ones and the back window. Is that being a jerk on my part ?

Any input is well appreciated. Ughhh so upset.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I suggest you march right back there and tell them to do it again cause thats crap. There shouldn't be any bubbles at all if he's done it right.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the cuts IN THE GLASS?? Looks like he cut it against the outside of the window. Does anyone else have them and what should I do ?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Small bubbles are VERY normal for up to two weeks after tinting is applied. They usually disappear after such time. It takes this long for all of the moisture to evaporate out and the adhesive to fully cure. Sometimes the moisture will create a fog effect in the tint that people complain about but it too will dissapear after a few weeks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, if there are actual cuts in the glass thats pretty serious. I think first thing you need to do is talk to the manager of this place. Where did you get it done?? Is it a reputable joint or Freds down the street?? I checked each window closely when I had mine done and never saw any air bubbles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree some bubbles will come out but from my past experiences these little tiny ones will not.

Yes, it is a reputable place and I just got back from there. We have an appt. Mon. for that but not sure what he's gonna do about the glass yet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got pictures of the problems?

J

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took some just now, not sure how good u can see. The back window u really can't see the cuts in the glass. U can feel it with your nail though. There not as bad as the ones on the two side windows The one that shows the top where the tint stops on both sides, there is consif=derable difference in the amount of space at the top. Again not sure how well these will show everything.

I heard they could fix the scratches somehow, is this true ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
That sucks, I would try to talk them into replacing the windows, and maybe even tinting them properly before they are installed. Then I would look into losing the pinky ring!!!!:p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is the worst window tinting I have ever seen.

Find the owner of the shop and see what they are going to do about it. The least they should do is pay to replace the windows that are scratched, then go ask you dealer where they get their cars windows tinted and go there.

Any decent shop owner will agree with you and replace the windows. Those bubbles look like dust particles stuck under the glass. The people here are correct that new tint will take about 2 to 3 days depending on the climate to clear up and bubbles to go away, but not that many bubbles. If they got dust particles under the tint, or did not clean the inside of the windows properly, it will look like little bubbles.

Every time I look at the picture where they did not go to the edge of the window, it makes me sick. Crappy work plain and simple.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree. That is one terrible tint job!! Is it just the picture angle or did they put the tint on the outside of the glass??
Nice camera btw...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, thx for noticing. It's actually my camcorder, a Panasonic PVGS400. It takes 4.0 MP still as well.

None of the tint appers to be on the outside.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
dgksleeper said:
LOL, thx for noticing. It's actually my camcorder, a Panasonic PVGS400. It takes 4.0 MP still as well.

None of the tint appers to be on the outside.
bad job ,i would defenitly go back and have them fixed it

·
Registered
114 Posts
I concur! I just got mine back from tint an hour ago and it looks 100x better and it hasn't cured. I don't have any bubbles, tears, jagged edges etcc and it goes right to the edge of the glass. Put on yer bitching hat adn get at er!

·
Registered
259 Posts
wow that looks really bad!!!! I hope they fix it for you. I made them redo mine 3 times and it looked much better than yours each time!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yikes.. mine wasn't done by a computer but I don't have any scratches on my windows from the cutting, the tint goes to the edges of the windows, and the edges are very smooth and even (not jagged). No big bubbles like those either (there were a few teensie ones that did go away within a few days).

·
Registered
683 Posts
My tint was done by the dealer. The tinting does not go all the way to the edge of the side windows. There is about a 1/8" gap only seen when windows are rolled down. The edge of the tinting is very straight and smooth.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Come on dgksleeper!! We wanna hear you went down and tore these guys a new one!! Take the camera and get some pics!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Looks like it's time for that tinting company to use their insurance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts