Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Marine Blue SXT from my local Dealer. I ordered the following...

SXT
Sport Package
2.0 Liter Engine with CVT
6 CD Changer
MusicGate
Drivers Convenience Package
UConnect
Sirius Radio
Daylight Running Lamps
Fog Lamps
Cruise

I Can't wait to get this vehicle. I've been told 8 weeks minimum. Sigh. I would have bought one on the lot but there just are NO good SXT's anywere around to be had. I really was unsure of what color to get and settled on the Marine Blue. I saw the Steel Blue, but it was just too dark for my tastes. Anyone have any good pictures of the Marine Blue? The brochure pictures are just to small to be of much help here.

Walter

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats Walter...and wow, lots of options.
I have posted some little dinky pics...see Mrs. Renegade thread. I will try to get some better pics posted.
The Marine Blue has grown on me. I like the yellow, but the Mrs. wanted MB...so, its her car so I let her pick. Just my humble opinion, the Marine Blue gives the car a more classy look in comparison to a sporty yellow, and boy does the Blue shine. In our area, there does not seem to be alot of MB Calibers out there....lots of black and yellow is picking up too

·
Registered
384 Posts
I ordered the Marine Blue too. I love the color. The Marine Blue seemed too blah to me, definitely too dark. There haven't been any Marine Blues in my area either. Our dealership received one, but someone from Maryland bought it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Walter,
Congrats on your order. You're gonna be very happy! But the wait will be unbearable.
My dealer has a marine blue SE and it looks sharp. I hadn't seen this color in person at the time of my order (inferno red). I don't think the brochure or dodge website photos of marine blue caliber do the color justice. Those photos seem a little washed out compared to the car in person.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We ordered a Marine Blue Pearl R/T on April 1/06. The dealer has no
information on the car yet. I am assuming it will be a very long wait.
Good things come to those that wait. It will get here eventually.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
1970 Dodge Challenger
2001 Dodge Caravan
1979 Chevrolet Malibu Wagon

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sometimes the wait is not as bad as it seems. I ordered my Cali on April22 2006. It will be here on May 20/21 2006. I am in Edmonton Canada. I was looking for an unwanted LONG wait....but to my surprise, i hope to be driving it on the long weekend here in Edmonton next week! So you may have it sooner!! Optomism is great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pic! The card looks great, and your dogs are so cute. How did you ever get them to sit so nicely for the picture, and all looking at the camera too.

I hope my wait is shorter than the 2-3 months quoted. Maybe I will get lucky and get it in 4 weeks? Theres always hope :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Congrats dude!! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When should I expect to hear anything from my dealer or from dodge, on when the vehicle will be built, etc.?

Anyone have any ideas?

I just can't wait!

W

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just called Dodge and they said my vehicle is in BG Status.

Does anyone know what that means? Is that good or bad or .... ?

I ordered 2 weeks ago, and am just wondering if my order is proceeding as it should.

Walter

·
Registered
683 Posts
Heres the build codes as posted in another thread.

BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks.

So BG = passed edit n/a for schedule

Does anyone know exactly what that means?

I'm guessing my order passed some sort of edit or review process but has not been scheduled yet. Is this correct?

When I called Dodge, all they told me was BG. I asked the woman what BG meant, and she could not tell me. Oh joy.

Walter

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think it means you can't make changes on it anymore because it will soon be built.

When did you order your car?

I ordered mine on 4/19 and it is finally in D status.

This wait is painful!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered it 2 weeks ago, so I know I have a while to wait still, but I am SO anxious to get it.

If anyone else has a clue what BG really means, chime on in..

Walter

1 - 20 of 32 Posts