Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K&N is looking for Caliber SRT4 for performance intake developement! Vehicle will be needed for 5 working days M-F. You will receive a rental car during the testing period. When production units are available, you will receive one, installed for free. K&N is located in Riverside (Southern) California. Interested candidates please e-mail me directly at [email protected].

Thank you,
James

·
Registered
126 Posts
KNFilters said:
K&N is looking for Caliber SRT4 for performance intake developement! Vehicle will be needed for 5 working days M-F. You will receive a rental car during the testing period. When production units are available, you will receive one, installed for free. K&N is located in Riverside (Southern) California. Interested candidates please e-mail me directly at [email protected].

Thank you,
James
Sounds like a sweet deal, guess he'll be waiting till next year though. Huh.:mad:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
lol.. little early? i think they should ask dodge? .. cause very few ppl have a SRT they drive around.. maybe like 5 or 6 in dif parts of the US, more possibly near the production plant... good luck finding one.. meanwhile, just grab a regular caliber & do one for them ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
is the official release date of the srt next year? because a dealer that i was going through before i bought one from another dealer told me that they have 2 of them due at their store next month (aug. 07) is he smoking crack?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
j85 said:
is the official release date of the srt next year? because a dealer that i was going through before i bought one from another dealer told me that they have 2 of them due at their store next month (aug. 07) is he smoking crack?
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1426
The multiple configurations, won’t go away soon, and in fact will get more complicated. The Jeep Patriot is scheduled to go into production in the third quarter of the year as well as the Caliber SRT4, a 300-horsepower version targeting the muscle-car market.

“Each one is going to add a whole new set of twists, and we’ll have to get them sorted out,” Ewasyshyn said.
I did find the ^^^ interesting as it sugests that the Caliber SRT4 is also going into production in the 3Q of this year (July - September). Official dates were spring 2007 in all other PR announcments so i wouldn't get to excited

·
Registered
6 Posts
my wife and i were on the lot looking (i think we are going to order an r/t) anyways, i was chit-chatting with the sales guy and i asked him if he had any hardcore evidence for a release date and he was like oh yeah those...um...we....should....um....we should have those in like 2-3 months....i was like whatever dude....

·
Registered
67 Posts
i dont know man, this dude at the lot down the street from me swears they have 2 coming in next month. i guess we wont really know until there is actually proof from someone out there.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
j85 said:
i dont know man, this dude at the lot down the street from me swears they have 2 coming in next month. i guess we wont really know until there is actually proof from someone out there.
I think it is dealership BS... the closest thing to a resource was posted up here a while back showing Dodge's build scheduling, and the Caliber SRT4 had a job for April 2007.

It makes no sense when you have a backlog of 70,000-120,000 Calibers to add the SRT4. Demand isn't the problem.... companies often introduce the high performance model to reinject some excitment into the product, seeing as the caliber just came out this year it wouldn't make sense to start selling the caliber srt4 in october.

So i think it is bs... but if it is true at least it will be out for a while for i plan on buying one (spring) which might help the demand sort out etc

·
Registered
87 Posts
lol, i have more proof of stupid salesmen. today i was looking at a caliber with a salesman and we got to talking and i said what i really want is a Caliber SRT-4. He was like, oh yeah, those are out. UM. No. they aren't. Then he didn't know what a CVT was on the caliber we were looking at. He said its got a CVT so you hardly ever hear it shift! It doesn't shift. der.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A Dealer Can Not Order Srt4 Calibers Yet, We Will Not Be Able To Order Them Untill 2-3 Months Before They Will Start Rolling Off The Line. I Check With My Fleet Every Day To See If They Are Available, And There Is No Word Yet. I Can Garauntee You That This Forum Will Know Important Information On The Srt4 Before Any Sales Associate Will, Unless He Is An Srt Fanatic (like Me). I Will Post Any Info I Get Immediatly!!!!! I Do Not Expect Them Out In The Calander Year Of 06, We Are Looking Most Likely Of A Release Date Of March-may 07, But This Is Just Logical Speculation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts