Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally am able to make my own thread saying I got my Caliber.

I ordered it on April 19th, it was built June 12th and shipped straight from the factory to my dealer via truck (my dealer called in a favor for this!) and it finally arrived yesterday, on June 28th!

I love this car! It is my very first brand new car and I am so excited to be driving a car that reflects my age. As opposed to my Gold 1996 Toyota Camry, which while it was a great car and we had lots of memories on road trips in this car, it still was not fun to drive at all.

So anyway, I am no car expert but I will write my opinions on the car that I am formed thus far.

The color I chose is Marine Blue. It is such a pretty color and I really love it. It is my favorite Caliber color and choosing that was not hard at all!

I got an SXT, which suits my needs. It is a tiny bit better than the SE (no offense anyone), I like that it comes with a tach, I don't know why I care but I guess I am just used to having one. Plus it makes it sportier.

Oh and I did get the Chrome Grille! It was the first thing that I noticed when we pulled into the dealership. I was so happy to see that too, because of all the talk on here about chrome vs. body color grilles and I really like the chrome grille with the Marine Blue. Its sharp. I'de like to add the chrome gas cap and door handles.

The MusicGate is Amazing!!! It is bar far the best system I have ever heard in a car, without aftermarket upgrades. With the MusicGate, you don't need any aftermarket upgrades! The Boston Acoustics are really great speakers and you can definitely be bumping down the street with this upgrade. Plus it is so cool to flip the speakers down!

I also got the sunroof. It seems kinda small, but I never had one before so I don't care. It is really cool. I like the sliding part under the sunroof in case I don't want any sun to come in, even with the sunroof closed.

I love the gauges. I never had white faced gauges and I think they are really cool. The blue glow of the instruments and the cup holders is really neat.

The car drives very smoothly. It is also rather quick, and I expect it to get quicker as it breaks in, as described in this forum. The car is also very quiet. After being parked in my parent's driveway for a few minutes talking to them, I couldn't tell if it was on or off.

One of my favorite aspects of this car is the height. I think it is only like 6 inches taller than the Neon, but it feels so much taller. It is nice to be taller than all the other cars, it just feels nice to be up high. But you aren't too high to where you roll around when you turn or have a stiff ride and feel bumps more, like in my Dad's Explorer.

One thing I have to get used to is the dash. It is rather long, compared to what I am used to. In my Camry, you could reach out and almost touch the windsheild. The Caliber's dash is long and I can't see over the hood very well. In the SXT, you can raise your seat up, which I still have to try. I'm sure it will just take some getting used to.

One disappointment so far was when I hooked up my mp3 player to the aux jack. The sound was really quiet and there was a slight buzz in the background. I think it might be the cord I bought, I don't know what to look for in a good cord. This is still better than an FM transmitter, which sucks. I just hope I can make the sound quality to be just as good as the radio or CD player.

So that is my review of the Caliber. I will add pictures on Friday!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you noticed how this thing hugs a turn? I was getting on the highway yesterday and man, does it hug an on-ramp. LOL.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, yes Beth, I noticed!

The ride is very different (not in a bad way) than my Integra and Camry, but I'll get used to it!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations on your new Caliber! Post some pics when you can...

Oh, and I agree, it is nice to start your own thread when you join the owners-only club ;-)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is nice... I've been looking forward to it ;)

I will post pics here on Friday!

·
Registered
97 Posts
congrats, congrats.... I'm supposed to receive a call from my dealer today..
saying that mine has arrived.. can't wait.... anyways... it is very nice that u
enjoy yours so mutch... :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P.S. For anyone in Delaware or close by- I highly recommend Holden Dodge in Dover. They are friendly and honest and most importantly treat you with respect.

My husband and I have both worked in typical dealerships (you know-liars and buttheads) and Holden Dodge is certainly out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrat's Katie, I got mine a week and I'm still on a "Caliber High"... Enjoy it, it's a great car.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Congrats again! :) Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much already. I'm sure the wait seemed like it would never end!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats :)

I'm on week 3 and a half with mine and loving every kilometer I put on it.

I had to hide the spare key to keep the fiancee from taking it every time she had to run an errand because she's fallen for that car too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats Katie now where the hell are the pics????? Come on now post them up!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love the way this car handles the corners, to me it feels very stable, even with the stock tires.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Katie is having too much fun driving to put up pictures. ;) I can understand. She's probably cruising with that musicgate right about now... :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha, I wish. I'm stuck at work. I *so* wanted to call out today but I didn't. Oh well, at least I had some work-related errands to do and I could drive around!

I took a bunch of pictures last night but this morning I grabbed the wrong USB cord so I can't post pics until Monday. Sorry!

Have a good weekend everyone!

·
Registered
689 Posts
katiescaliber said:
Haha, I wish. I'm stuck at work. I *so* wanted to call out today but I didn't. Oh well, at least I had some work-related errands to do and I could drive around!

I took a bunch of pictures last night but this morning I grabbed the wrong USB cord so I can't post pics until Monday. Sorry!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Ok Katie, Bannation to you !!!! J/K :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Congrats Katie. Glad you're having fun with it:cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts