Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being my first new car, I'm eager to keep up the outside of my black Caliber. What do you guys recommend for waxing/washing/etc.? What techniques have you guys and gals used in the past? I'd be happy for any information... I'm a newbie when it comes to waxing.

·
Banned
400 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
Being my first new car, I'm eager to keep up the outside of my black Caliber. What do you guys recommend for waxing/washing/etc.? What techniques have you guys and gals used in the past? I'd be happy for any information... I'm a newbie when it comes to waxing.
You DO NOT NEED TO WAX A NEW CAR, all that is needed is good soap & water. I'm talking about something like this, http://www.carcare.dupont.com/promo/promotions.stm
or any of these http://www.autobarn.net/carwash.html
(I like DuPonts car wash). After that, in between washes, use a quick detailer spray product, using a scratch free rag. NO TOWELS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I live in hot sunny Arizona. If you do not keep some sort of wax or other paint protectant on it the paint will fade badly over the years. Some manufactures are better than others.

Keeping it clean and dust free is the first step. Dust draws out the oils from the paint.

I use Liquid Glass. It is not a wax but more of a polymer coating that doesn't need to be done very often and doesn't come off when washed. It's about $30 a can. I use it twice a year. Paint stays looking new for years.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is it not a good idea to use terrycloth? I would use it for drying and waxing(removal). Will it bring on the dreaded swirl marks???

·
Registered
506 Posts
well i asked this in my car care thread and shoot i forget who it was but he suggested meguiars and told me exactly what products to use on what and pretty much how to use them i was very happy with his info and honestly i'm gonna go with it...

·
Banned
400 Posts
The Great Mongo said:
Is it not a good idea to use terrycloth? I would use it for drying and waxing(removal). Will it bring on the dreaded swirl marks???
Hmmm, only one way to find out!:D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
506 Posts
i just want my car to look like super ultra awesome clean and shiny 10000% of the time... is that too much to ask? i mean come on... it's kinda like that 18.0 ltr 500 mpg and 0-60 in 2 second monster car that will haul a platoon and all their gear... i mean come on these are all completely rational requests am i rite?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts