Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the key and remote entry look like for the SXT. If someone could post a picture/description, that would be great

·
Registered
901 Posts
The key/remote unit is the same for the SE, SXT, and R/T -- as well as most other Dodge vehicles. It's the new standard style.
Hope these pics answer your questions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hate this key

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't mind they key myself. The only thing I worry about is the size of it and putting it in my pocket. I'm not sure how, but key chains always get messed up in there.

A button to pop up the rear hatch would be great when you're carrying a load.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thats a big key!!!!!! Reminds me of my buddy's Accord. That's gonna get bulky in the pocket.

DodgeGirlKathy - Is that the Caliber steering wheel keychain? Where did you manage to score that? How many keys did you get with it? Is there a Valet key?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Principal said:
...A button to pop up the rear hatch would be great when you're carrying a load.
...Unless you are fellow board member "Bang" in that famous photo he posted here where he is suggestively "standing behind" HIS Caliber... :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Harley said:
...Unless you are fellow board member "Bang" in that famous photo he posted here where he is suggestively "standing behind" HIS Caliber... :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
See, he was just opening the trunk, yeah thats it. :D :eek:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Harley said:
...Unless you are fellow board member "Bang" in that famous photo he posted here where he is suggestively "standing behind" HIS Caliber...
If that's the picture I'm thinking of ......... That's when the button goes from useful to funny :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yep, and there is a pun there as far as the panic button - but that would cross the line as far as what I would post because we have a few extremely young forum members here...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Emergency, can't find your car, you need to call attention to yourself, as in someone at your car or bothering you, those kinds of things.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Harley said:
Yep, and there is a pun there as far as the panic button - but that would cross the line as far as what I would post because we have a few extremely young forum members here...
I can think of a few crazy puns that would be rather amusing...

As for the panic button, I'll have to find a way to make it pop the hatch, drop the musicgate speakers, and start the stereo. I'll label it "PARTY" :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
typ-apple said:
What Is The Panic button For???? :))
Perhaps we should elaborate on how it functions as well.

When you press the red panic button within range of the car, the horn honks and the headlights/parking lights flash about twice a second, and the interior lights come on UNTIL: 3 minutes of the horn/lights signaling, you start the vehicle and go over 5MPH, or you press the button again.

When you press the panic button a second time to shut off the horn/lights, you usually have to be slightly closer because of the signal interference to the receiver from the other accessories being activated.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tigerr said:
Thats a big key!!!!!! Reminds me of my buddy's Accord. That's gonna get bulky in the pocket.

DodgeGirlKathy - Is that the Caliber steering wheel keychain? Where did you manage to score that? How many keys did you get with it? Is there a Valet key?

Thanks.
Ah you saw that! I was tryin to hide that!! LOL :p
It's not new. I got it from what is now www.goods.dodge.com 4 yrs ago when I bought my Stratus. (It looks more like the Stratus's steering wheel than the caliber's.) Here's a closer look:
http://www.photosbykathy313.us/car/wheel_9066.jpg

Nope, no valet key. You just get 2 of the regular keys. Don't forget that the fob also includes Sentry Key technology.

The bulky size really does not fit in a pocket well. Whenever I do, like while unloading groceries, somehow one of the buttons gets pressed. And the thing is awkward to hold. (It's been 2 months, and I still drop the thing.)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thats cool. I actually saw one on eBay that looked just like that but said "Caliber" instead of "Dodge" on it.

My Accent has a larger key, and I have a remote starter fob on it, so I'm used to a little bulk. Not sure how I will handle the Caliber key.

I'm still patiently waiting for my new toy, every time I read the forum it looks like it's getting longer and longer =(

·
Registered
506 Posts
i just watched that video... and you know wut... it is AWESOME!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts