Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 2 pairs of the new Kicker upgrade speakers from Mopar SuperCenter, a supporting vendor of the forum. These speakers are upgrade "plug and play" replacements for the base factory radio speakers located in the door panels. From time of order to receipt of the speakers -- 10 days. Time it took to install the speakers -- 20 minutes. Ted has the install instructions up on the forum under the "Supporting Vendors" section under Mopar SuperCenter.

The speakers were extremely easy to install even for a mechanically challenged person such as myself. Install consists of simply removing the speaker grills, removing 4 screws, unplugging a quick disconnect and doing the reverse to install the new speakers.

IMHO the performance of these speakers is extrordinary. There is no comparison as to the range of sound and sound quality versus the stock factory speakers. Plenty of base--no distortion + excellent highs and midrange. In many cases when base factory speakers are switched out for higher quality units the sound volume will diminish as the new speakers consume much more power than the base OEM's. In this case the upgrade speakers appear to be so efficient that I can detect no discernable difference in volume level from the factory speakers. I highly recommend these speakers to anyone who has the base sound system and is looking for high quality sound without serious expense and/or modification of the existing radio.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet!! And probably alot cheaper than any other upgrade too!

·
Registered
82 Posts
are they actually making one?

I have the Boston Acoustics system, and honestly it is amazing. I can't imagine needing an upgrade, but at the same time I'm excited to see what it will be.

Just please Lord, let it not be some lame trunk filling sub...

·
Registered
45 Posts
spacenerd04 said:
are they actually making one?

I have the Boston Acoustics system, and honestly it is amazing. I can't imagine needing an upgrade, but at the same time I'm excited to see what it will be.

Just please Lord, let it not be some lame trunk filling sub...
There is a kit in the works. We don't know the release date yet.
Jeff

·
Registered
343 Posts
glad to hear you are happy! kicker makes great stuff, and when i get some cash, a set is going in my car!

·
Registered
108 Posts
How extensive will the upgrades to the base stereo styem get ??? I would also like to get the small speakers in the dash. In total I was thinking 4 of the Kicker door speakers, the 2 dash speakers, and a sub-woofer for the back. Maybe later upgrade the head unit. But I kinda like the ideal of a stock looking stereo. Keep the thieves looking at the other cars and not mine. :) Will you be marketing am upgrade like this? And if so how soon?

·
Registered
42 Posts
jguerra3235 said:
......In total I was thinking 4 of the Kicker door speakers, the 2 dash speakers, and a sub-woofer for the back.......
The upcoming premium audio kit for the front will be the one you want to get. You would have to wire the dash speakers into the front door speakers, but that is easy enough to do. Then you could add the sub woofer package when that is released as well. This would set you up with a complete factory appearence system that works flawlessly with your factory head unit. If you upgraded the head unit to an upgraded factory unit, it will work the same. Even if you add an aftermarket head unit, as long as it uses the factory speaker wiring, you would still be fine.

This is exactly what I did with my Dodge, as I also had base audio. Now I have a 6 speakers setup with an additional 2 subwoofers. Working flawlessly with my factory head unit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How much longer on this premium audio upgrade? I'm looking for the one with the 2 small speakers on the dash, 4 door speakers and a sub-woofer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That system setup sounds very good and I'll be waiting for it as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
jguerra3235 said:
How much longer on this premium audio upgrade? I'm looking for the one with the 2 small speakers on the dash, 4 door speakers and a sub-woofer.
We are hopping that it will be released this month. we know that Mopar has many kits that that they need to sign-off on and get them moving.
Jeff

1 - 20 of 83 Posts