Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my subs installed this Firday and i'm not sure what to go with..

3 15" Kicker Solo Baric L7

or

3 Sony 12" Xplod

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
KICKER BY FAR. Thats like suzuki vs Lexus... they get better and worse in both cases but they are leaps and bounds apart.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
One thing i tried to get my customers when i worked at a local audio shop was instead of spending 100 $ perspeaker on 2-3 subs take that same $ and put it towards 1 single subwoofer. With todays designs there is not a need for more speakers to pull power from an amp. One thing to keep in mind is that for every speaker you add u get about 3-6 db increase. I personally would rather have accuracy and spl from 1 speaker than 2 lesser quality speakers and give up sound quality. Plus 1 takes up less room too... just something to think about.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL...sorry if it's a stupid question i dont know much about the audio part of cars...i just want a clean bass not that nasty kind.

Kicker 6 1/2" speakers will run about $300 (buy 1 pair get second half off)

·
Registered
44 Posts
The subs will depend on the amp you have or are getting. I used to sell this stuff and with the size of the Cali, you would be better off getting two Kicker 12's and an amp that will have a high RMS power output (NOT MAX power) to match up with the continuous power handling (NOT the MAX handling power) of the Kickers. Besides, a box for three 12's or 15's is going to be huge if it's made with the proper cubic footage of air.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boostdog said:
One thing i tried to get my customers when i worked at a local audio shop was instead of spending 100 $ perspeaker on 2-3 subs take that same $ and put it towards 1 single subwoofer. With todays designs there is not a need for more speakers to pull power from an amp. One thing to keep in mind is that for every speaker you add u get about 3-6 db increase. I personally would rather have accuracy and spl from 1 speaker than 2 lesser quality speakers and give up sound quality. Plus 1 takes up less room too... just something to think about.
you saying i should get this bad boy? :D

What would you recomend for a system:confused:?? Thanks for the input btw guys, greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hehe i have a MTX 9515 in my van in a 4 cubic foot ported box. That thing flexes the hell out of the roof of my poor astro.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If ur jus looking for a clean bass jus go with one.If u want to bust ur windshield u can get two bad a** ones.But one will do and leave room for other things.And rem what ever u get u mayneed to oneday get ur spare out and a single box would better that.Also im unsure of the rattle on these cars.My wifes last car rattled the insides to the point where the cd player would skip.As of now the same system in the cali has yet to make it skip but im sure the dash will lossen up.We were also pushing 142db on the meter with the lil car but didnt sound so smooth.Better sound quality i n the cali.

·
Registered
644 Posts
JLs are by far some of the nicest subs ive owned. i also like very much the Pheonix Octanes i have right now, and the eFx line by Scocshe

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Jl's are nice subs for the $. Best thing to do is make a budget... go and listen to all the speakers that you can that you know u can afford and make an educated decision.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
yes they are ... inifinity's perfects are very very nice. ... which jbl makes as well. Might I ask how you get a discount?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I asked around for different prices at different audio shops and..."negotiated"...the discounts. %20 off final price is better than nothing

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Barking Spider said:
I asked around for different prices at different audio shops and..."negotiated"...the discounts. %20 off final price is better than nothing
Alright! good for you ... that actually not that bad. I have a saying.... Never give em' what they want for it. .. I always negotiate. The speaker install is very easy in this car as well! have fun and if you have and ?'s let me know.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts