Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Red SXT with single CD and AUX input. I've always had XM and eager to get it in my new Caliber. I've found the following kit from Crutchfield and thinking about giving it a try. This is a kit for Magnum, Durango, Jeep, and 300. Anyone have experience with it. It looks like it will work. Also...I've read that the colored face plate pops right off, but I'm nervous about taking off. Any experience on getting it off?

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can across that one too. Since there is already a cubby in the dash, I'm leaning towards the one from Crutchfield.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I used the one with the cubby slot on my 2004 Durango. My Caliber has the steering wheel controls and station identification on the dash cluster. I assume with an aftermarket I'd loose the steering wheel control and the dash cluster display. I greatly prefer my Alpine with XM in my Durango than the factory stereo in the Caliber. But it sounds ok. Wish I could turn up the brightness on the stereos display during the day. On a sunny day I can't see it at all.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Huff said:
I used the one with the cubby slot on my 2004 Durango. My Caliber has the steering wheel controls and station identification on the dash cluster. I assume with an aftermarket I'd loose the steering wheel control and the dash cluster display. I greatly prefer my Alpine with XM in my Durango than the factory stereo in the Caliber. But it sounds ok. Wish I could turn up the brightness on the stereos display during the day. On a sunny day I can't see it at all.
Contact Alpine and/or Crutchfield. I know Pioneer has a harness that allows Chrysler owners to re-integrate their steering wheel controls with most of their HU's. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts