Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Kneeroom

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  UN4GTBL 
#1 ·
Picked up my SXT last week with standard transmission and just love the car.

The kneeroom is a little tight when entering and exiting the car and i'm not a tall guy, only 5' 9". Has anyone else experienced this?

There is a cowl under the steering wheel that drops about 4" and I'm wondering if it can be removed or replaced with something that is not as deep.

So far I've had three new cars with standard transmissions, the first was a 1964 Plymouth Fury with a four speed Hurst shifter. The 383 ci engine generated 330 hp which was nice back when gas was just 30 cents a gallon.

The new Caliber is right for the times with the price of gas.

#4 ·
That cowl allows room for the steering wheel to tilt. It's funny because that was my first complaint when test driving. I don't hit it with my knee any more I must have adapted how i get in. I am also 5'9" and i am also loving the car my only gripe now is with rear visibility when backing.

#8 ·
i'm 6'0" and have the seat as high as possible, back straight (bad back, having it straigt helps) and seat all the way back.... no issues in or out....

#10 ·
im 6'2" seems like us tall guys have no knee issues.

#11 ·
Hearing some of the tall guys say they do not have a problem, perhaps it is being short that is the problem.

In order to depress the clutch I have the seat about half way forward.

Anyone know where I can get those pedal blocks?

Cheers

#14 ·
mistermario said:
6'1" with long legs and no problems for me :) Mine is all they way down, most of the way back, and slightly leaned back. My elbows after a long trip are anohter story :(
About same seat adj. as mine,door elbow was the problem.
Go to arts & crafts store,buy sticky one side black foam rubber plus sticky
one side black felt and build elbow pad for door,that was my solution.

#15 ·
I'm 6'6, and don't have much trouble. I've got the seat all the way down, and all the way back with a touch of reclining action for some extra visibility.

The Caliber is a lot easier for me to get in and out of than many other cars i sat in by a long shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.