Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you may know about my issues with my Caliber and it's never ending pinging/popping click while driving. Well, since none of the dealers can fix the problem, and Damlier Chrysler won't acknowledge one, I can honestly say I will never buy another dodge product for the life of me. When you have a car manufacturer that won't acknowledge a problem on a 3 1/2 month old car, somethings wrong. they won't even change the damn exhaust under warranty! So god bless all of you guys and gals who've had the problem fixed, but i can't take it anymore, and have lost the fighting spirit I had inside of me. :(. Now I know why I've never bought an American made vehicle. This plain ol sucks.:( Last one for me. I'm even in the midst of negotiating a deal for a used vehicle, for a 3 1/2 month old Caliber with 4700 miles on it!:eek:

BTW, I had the mulffler resonator thing replaced, still have the PINGING, POPPING noise while driving. VERY ANNOYING. Even handed over a printout of Huff, Bulldogg and a few others dealer invoices, showing they had their exhaust systems replaced. Love the Caliber, just can't accept the fact, that nothing can or will be done to fix the thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pinging problem even with a new resonator. I never had the ping/pop on either of our Calibers. Even so, I wanted a deeper tone so I installed the Mopar exhaust on both the wife's and my Caliber. Simple DIY project but not cheap. All stainless and slightly larger diameter pipe for better flow.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I was thinking about it BP... but I don't like how it looks. The Mopar system hangs too far from the bottom of the car. Hope Magnaflo hurries up with there system, I'm running out of patience.

BTW: I filed a LEMON LAW complaint with a lawyer this afternoon against the dealership I purchased from, as well as the BBB. I advise EVERYONE to do the same, if your Caliber has been to the service department for the same problem 2 or more times (depending what state you live in), you can classify the car as a LEMON if the problem HAS NOT been fixed.

Here's some info to help others in my situation.
:eek: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=lemon+law&ei=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&fr=moz2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Sounds like your troubles are not with Dodge. They are with your dealer who won't get things done for you. Many of us have dealers that do get issues resolved.

In most states it it takes more than 2 or 3 repair trips for the same issue. You also have to go through arbritration whereby the dealer/dodge is given another chance to solve the problem. Furthermore the problem has to be acknowledged by the dealer or by an independent mechanic.

I hope you can get it cleared up but the blame is with your dealer as many of us have gotten it resolved. Your dealer won't call Star/DCX on the issue for some reason. If they had you would have it fixed by now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Huff said:
Sounds like your troubles are not with Dodge. They are with your dealer who won't get things done for you. Many of us have dealers that do get issues resolved.

In most states it it takes more than 2 or 3 repair trips for the same issue. You also have to go through arbritration whereby the dealer/dodge is given another chance to solve the problem. Furthermore the problem has to be acknowledged by the dealer or by an independent mechanic.

I hope you can get it cleared up but the blame is with your dealer as many of us have gotten it resolved. Your dealer won't call Star/DCX on the issue for some reason. If they had you would have it fixed by now.
Oh but they did Huff. I took it to another dealership yesterday, they notified me today, only to say that they DID CALL STAR/DCX engineering. They were told there was NOTHING more they could do, and to NOT TOUCH THE VEHICLE, because I have the latest part (resonator/muffler). C'mon now, I have been straight up honest with these Aholes! I have more important things to do in my life, than travel back & forth to different dealerships to fix a simple problem. Somebody is going to pay for this.

BTW: I'm doing this not only for myself, but for others who are having to deal with LOUSY DEALERSHIPS & DCX!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
It's with things like this, sometimes I wish I coul hear the problem you are describing. The TSB for replacing the ehsut is for it pinging and popping after you shut the car of as it cools. Your problem probably isn't even exhaust related, but the dealer is fixated on it being the exhaust, probably because of your mention of the exhaust being the problem.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
HSKR said:
It's with things like this, sometimes I wish I coul hear the problem you are describing. The TSB for replacing the ehsut is for it pinging and popping after you shut the car of as it cools. Your problem probably isn't even exhaust related, but the dealer is fixated on it being the exhaust, probably because of your mention of the exhaust being the problem.
HSKR, if you don't have the problem, you can't comment on it. Probably this, and probably that, isn't a solid statement. I've owned 10 cars, and attended automotive school, so I would think it's safe to say, I know what I'm talking about. Yes I really do. But I'm sick of talking about it, it makes me sick. I will wait til this thing goes to court. I've filed all neccessary complaints.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Like I mentioned, I wish I could actually hear what the problem is so I could make a more definite "guess." You post on here like you are asking for help. I gave my honest opinion trying to help, and you get butt hurt. Wasn't trying to do that. I understand your frustration, but don't take it out on other members here that are just trying to help.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
HSKR said:
Like I mentioned, I wish I could actually hear what the problem is so I could make a more definite "guess." You post on here like you are asking for help. I gave my honest opinion trying to help, and you get butt hurt. Wasn't trying to do that. I understand your frustration, but don't take it out on other members here that are just trying to help.
Help? Nobody helped me file my complaints today. Nobody helped me get financing for it. Help? LOL, yea right. I'm venting my friend, and if I wanted YOUR help, I would have asked for it. You must be joking right? But I do want to thank you for your 2 cents. I can help myself, which I will. All comments are welcome though. And yes, I am very frustrated, so please don't fuel the fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Mental note: STEELBLueCALI does not need or want help from anyone.

Got it!!!!! Will never make the mistake of trying to help again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Venting at other Caliber owners who have nothing to do with your problems? I think you're beginning to loose out on anyone being sympathetic to your cause. Dodge treats me right. Has done so for 4 cars now. All problems always taken care of. Hell, I had them take care of $2000 worth of repairs AFTER the warranty had expired.

I did have huge problems with GM vehicles. I'll stick with Dodge.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Huff said:
Venting at other Caliber owners who have nothing to do with your problems? I think you're beginning to loose out on anyone being sympathetic to your cause. Dodge treats me right. Has done so for 4 cars now. All problems always taken care of. Hell, I had them take care of $2000 worth of repairs AFTER the warranty had expired.

I did have huge problems with GM vehicles. I'll stick with Dodge.
I don't want sympathy man, what part are you missing? I'm venting in general! Not at anyone here! Geeeesh, what's wrong with you people. You're reading too much into this Huff. I don't want sympathy for the last time, help or anything. Only sensible, well thought out comments. :confused:
I'm very sensitive right now......comprende?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
PAJeep said:
I think I know why it isnt getting fixed :rolleyes:
I've been completely gentlemen like in my approach with the service people, not getting the problem fixed has pinched a serious nerve, not to mention, taking days off from work, dragging my infant son out in 100+ weather, and wasting gas at $3.49 a gallon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
I don't want sympathy man, what part are you missing? I'm venting in general! Not at anyone here! Geeeesh, what's wrong with you people. You're reading too much into this Huff. I don't want sympathy for the last time, help or anything. Only sensible, well thought out comments. :confused:
I'm very sensitive right now......comprende?
My first reply was sensible and thought out. If you don't want anyone offering sympathy or trying to help, then don't even post. It's human nature to do either of those to things when people post about problems they are having.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Bulldogger said:
Feel better?

Careful for the bannage, unless you don't give two ****s.
A little, and if they want to ban me, for that, so be it. I have a life, and plenty of other forums to rant on.

HSKR said:
My first reply was sensible and thought out. If you don't want anyone offering sympathy or trying to help, then don't even post. It's human nature to do either of those to things when people post about problems they are having.
You're right HSKR, and I do apologize to you. But I had just gotten into it with the service manager at the dealership. Anyway, no hard feelings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
I've been completely gentlemen like in my approach with the service people, not getting the problem fixed has pinched a serious nerve, not to mention, taking days off from work, dragging my infant son out in 100+ weather, and wasting gas at $3.49 a gallon!
you make a good case for the gentlemans approach. Time and time again you act like your looking for help or input and then you blast or dismiss everyone's comments. Your probably just better off not posting at all. Focus your energy on getting the issue resolved. Good luck.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
PAJeep said:
I think I know why it isnt getting fixed :rolleyes:
Sarcastic person I see? Well, let me say this... I was a 100% gentleman in my approach eac time I went to have the car serviced. But there comes a time when my boiling point has been reached. I'm sure even YOU can understand.


PAJeep said:
you make a good case for the gentlemans approach. Time and time again you act like your looking for help or input and then you blast or dismiss everyone's comments. Your probably just better off not posting at all. Focus your energy on getting the issue resolved. Good luck.
Thank you! I will... believe me. I am who I am, and that's the way it is. I just seem to let certain idiots piss me off, which happens easily. But I forgive just as easy. As a matter of fact, I'm done posting here for now. I'll wait for the outcome of my claims, and post the results then.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top