Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody out there in Caliber-Land!

I'm a potential Caliber owner from Germany, which means that I have placed my order for a black Caliber SE CRD with B/A and the so called design-package, which includes the 17" alluminum wheels, the 6CD/MP3 head unit and a set of floor mats.

Now, the dealer didn't really come to the point, when I asked for a fixed date of delivery. "At least 3 (rather 4) month" he said, since the pre ordered Calibers (allegedly 1000ea according to the dealer) for the german market flew off the shelves in about no time, after the car was officially introduced to the german market on june 10th.

Additionally, there seems to be no reliable schedule for - respectively confirmation of - orders from Germany by the german DC-Headquarter in Berlin.
So it all seems to be a matter of "best guessing" and patience of a saint!?

What I am pondering about now, is the difference between the domestic US Calibers and the european versions.

Main point is the Diesel engine, which is currently not available outside Europe and which is expected (according to Dodge marketing) to account at least 60% of the Calibers to be sold in Europe.
Regarding this and the fact that Dodge has put quite some bucks into advertising on our side of the pond, there has to be a certain schedule or master plan for producing "the european Caliber", hasn't it?

I mean, we are talking about a major brand, who has decided to conquer the european market by storm!? So, where the hell are the troups?

According to my dealer there is not even a reliable information given by the DC-Headquarter in Berlin, regarding a possible "production matrix" or an over all delivery schedule or whatsoever.
If you stick to the information you'll find on the web, anything between 8 weeks and 8 month seems to be a possible lead time, depending on whom (which dealer) you ask and maybe slightly influenced by the individual extras you askf or!?

Maybe someone out there has some (general) information about the whole "european market thingy" dodge has decided to roll over without actually getting in gear right now!?

If not, we (mainly the european customers) may use this thread as a resource for swapping information about promised lead times vs. reality or something like that!?

regards Swoop

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good idea!

I haven´t placed my order for the CRD SXT yet, but I´ll keep you informed about my (hopefully successful) attempts to find a dealer who is able to deliver the car I want until September. This may sound foolish as I don´t want to buy a car from the lot, but wish me luck. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just heard from my dealer in Finland that I have to till late september or early october to get my Caliber. I ordered 2.0 L CVT SXT. The first shipment in Finland was sold out by mid June.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This won't help I read yesterday at work that they have over 10,000 Compass orders already. when they start the Patriot in the fall this is going to push back Caliber orders ever further. I wish you all good luck but I think they need a second plant working on these vehicles.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, my dealer keeps telling me, that he has no other information 'bout lead time from DCX-headquarter Germany, than those 4 month, he came up with when we were negotiating the terms for my order.

I still hope, that the CRD (diesel engine) will make the difference in lead time, since it is built for export purposes only right now, while the 1.8 as well as the 2.0CVT version have to cover orders not only from the US and Canada, but from all around the world!

After all, I got a rather decent price for the Caliber I've ordered and there is no real competitor on the german market when it comes down to appearance/cost, so waiting might just make sense in this particular case!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts