Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so with about 5000 kms on the cali, including roughly 800 dealer service kms to date, the sunroof has begun to leak. the water fills in the interior light and then drips down on hard breaks or turns. At first I thought that maybe it had rained when the vent was open and that it was my own fault. A week or more went by and then it happend again. This time, I am certain I did not leave it open. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, as I round turns, the airbag light on the instrument cluster comes on. periodicly, it will go off again, only to return arount the next corner. Anyone have this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
cdoran said:
Ok, so with about 5000 kms on the cali, including roughly 800 dealer service kms to date, the sunroof has begun to leak. the water fills in the interior light and then drips down on hard breaks or turns. At first I thought that maybe it had rained when the vent was open and that it was my own fault. A week or more went by and then it happend again. This time, I am certain I did not leave it open. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, as I round turns, the airbag light on the instrument cluster comes on. periodicly, it will go off again, only to return arount the next corner. Anyone have this issue?

Thanks
Regarding the leak in the sunroof,several people had the problem initially
when checked one of the problems was that during installation drain
holes that are part of sunroof had been inadvertently blocked by the
caulking they use during install.
Regarding the airbag light sometimes people place objects on passenger
seat which weigh close to the 80 lb. trigger point for the in seat sensors
and with bumps and centrifigal force cause similar problems,hope these
help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigtsr said:
Regarding the leak in the sunroof,several people had the problem initially
when checked one of the problems was that during installation drain
holes that are part of sunroof had been inadvertently blocked by the
caulking they use during install.
Regarding the airbag light sometimes people place objects on passenger
seat which weigh close to the 80 lb. trigger point for the in seat sensors
and with bumps and centrifigal force cause similar problems,hope these
help.
Thanks, I will check about the caulking

Furthermore, the airbag problem has happend both when the seat was completly empty as well as when I myself was sitting in the seat. I'm more than double the 80 pound trigger so...I think it is more technical than this.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
70 Posts
cdoran said:
Thanks, I will check about the caulking

Furthermore, the airbag problem has happend both when the seat was completly empty as well as when I myself was sitting in the seat. I'm more than double the 80 pound trigger so...I think it is more technical than this.

Thanks for the help
I had a intermittent air bag light issue as well. Turned out had to replace the clock spring. It was fixed rather quickly at my dealership once the part they ordered came in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PAJeep said:
I had a intermittent air bag light issue as well. Turned out had to replace the clock spring. It was fixed rather quickly at my dealership once the part they ordered came in.
Thanks much, I will mention it to my dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts