Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to compile some information to take to the local Dodge dealer. They think the Leaky rear window washer is normal. I disagree! If it was normal then every single car with a rear window sprayer would have the tale-tale signs of rear-window-clap :)p )... and they don't! I did see one other car with the leaky rear-window-washer... and it was a Chrysler mini-van. Figures:mad:

Who's had the problem? Please answer the following:

1: If you have/had the leaky-rear-window-washer problem.
2: What did you do about it and what happened?
3: Was it fixed by a dealer and has it remained fixed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
746 Posts
i had that problem. i actually had to separate problems with the rear fluid nozzle. first problem was that the tube connecting the tank to the nozzle wasn't properly attached and the fluid was pooring into my quarter panel where the sub is located. they fixed that and shop vac'd the fluid out. now on to what everyone else is experiencing. i think what they did was change the whole set up. they ordered the parts and replaced the whole thing... come to think about it, i haven't actually tried using the nozzle yet so i don't know for a fact if it was fixed... jeez, now i feel stupid... i'll let you knwo tomorrow...

·
Registered
746 Posts
i had that problem. i actually had to separate problems with the rear fluid nozzle. first problem was that the tube connecting the tank to the nozzle wasn't properly attached and the fluid was pooring into my quarter panel where the sub is located. they fixed that and shop vac'd the fluid out. now on to what everyone else is experiencing. i think what they did was change the whole set up. they ordered the parts and replaced the whole thing... come to think about it, i haven't actually tried using the nozzle yet so i don't know for a fact if it was fixed... jeez, now i feel stupid... i'll let you knwo tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
superbang said:
... come to think about it, i haven't actually tried using the nozzle yet so i don't know for a fact if it was fixed... jeez, now i feel stupid... i'll let you knwo tomorrow...
LOL. Well glad you posted. Waiting in anticipation for the test results:p

·
Registered
175 Posts
I dont have the problem at all, the only thing i have is this annoying rattling from the passenger side...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Members who have mentioned that they have LRWW:

87rx7chick
87rx7chick said:
...they fixed the leaky rear window nozle when they got it off the truck. befor it was for sale...
Huff
Huff said:
My rear window nozzle will drip for awhile after using it. Causes lots of drip marks all the way down the window. What did the dealer do to fix it?
87rx7chick
87rx7chick said:
replaced the pump. they are well aware of the problem. just go in and tell them.
Blewiz2
Blewiz2 said:
i just called my dealer and they have no idea about the leaky rear washer fluid. But they told me to bring the car in & they would look at it. I'll have to make a list of the few things I want them to look at & take it in once to get it all looked at.
dallar
dallar said:
My car is in the shop as I write this for the following probs:

Leaky rear washer
Pass seat rattle when someone is sitting in the seat every start/stop
Caliber click

Dealer has bulletin for each of these issues and is replacing the exhaust system now. (4 day wait for parts).

Knew I was buying a brand new car when I bought it and might have a few probs. Still love the car.
12am
12am said:
sxt sport 2.0 cvt, problems I've faced:
Caliber click
Driver and passenger doors rattle
Rattle from engine compartment when rpm's go above 5700
Rattle from front dash area somewhere over rough roads
Twice the car completely died when making a right hand turn
Rpm's get limited to 2500 when pushing the gas down fast off of a dead start (happens 70% of the time)
Feeling of the engine stalling or the brakes pulsing inbetween the 1-2second time it takes for you to take the foot off the brake and hit the accelerator (happens 30% of the time)
Leaky rear wiper fluid

Engine was properly broken in according to the manual, no service work as of yet because the tech's laughed me off, but I will return next oil change and demand fixes or they can have thier car back. Other than that I love the caliber.
Serantos
Serantos said:
I havent had major problems, just the pinging of the exhaust, and the back window squirter leaks. I got an SE
WICKED JESTER
WICKED JESTER said:
Only problem so far other then the speeding, lol is the rear window washer nozzle leaks. This is starting to really annoy me because the car is always clean then seeing that..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:
DodgeGirlKathy
DodgeGirlKathy said:
It drips on mine too, but not all the time. very very sporadic. I haven't paid enough attention to see if something else (i.e. like using the front washer?) might be causing it.
TUNDRA_schumacher
TUNDRA_schumacher said:
Mine came with a faulty O2 sensor....it's still on back order. Rear wiper wash leaks....had a strange roof leak, dome light filed with water 4 times, mysteriously cured itself. Just those 3 things so far.
GOT
GOT said:
List of problems I've notice so far with my 2006.5 SXT-sport 2.0L/cvt:

1: exhaust-ping
2: rear-window-sprayer leaks
3: sliding things (chill-zone & arm rest) slide too easily
4: steering wheel plastic peeling off (dedicated thread here)
5: possible prob with engine knock
superbang
superbang said:

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have this problem too... i just noticed it last week.... i would also like this info! :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Serantos said:
I heard someone had it fixed, they needed to get a new pump or something...
That is Superbang (at least the only person I know of in which a dealer has done anything about it). And he is going to get back with a report whether or not the fix has worked.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had mine in the other day, they took it apart and could find nothing wrong with it. They said it could be from condensation from under the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
135 Posts
WICKED JESTER said:
Had mine in the other day, they took it apart and could find nothing wrong with it. They said it could be from condensation from under the rear spoiler.
Condensation? The next thing you they are going to say it is sweat from all that horsepower under the hood! Sometimes I am just amazed at the BS answers that dealerships come up with.

BTW I have the same problem but with time (and lower fluid level maybe) It has diminished a great deal.

·
Registered
901 Posts
WICKED JESTER said:
pfft. condensation isn't blue.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
pfft. condensation isn't blue.
LOL

On mine the drips/leaks also look like they're coming from under that black spoiler:confused: :confused: :confused: I mentioned it to the service guy and he said that it may be caused by a back draft that curls around the back edge of the spoiler and blows the leaks up to where the plastic edge meets the glass and simply looks like it's leaking from under the the spoiler. :rolleyes: I guess that could be a posibility... who knows. SO he told me to watch more closely at what happens when it leaks and when I use the rear-window-washer and report to them when I take the Caliber back in (when the ordered steering wheel and exhaust parts come in).

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ejfb said:
How did you do on the steering wheel, did you get the leather?
Not at the moment. Apparently the only leather wheel for the Caliber has the audio controls built in. Since I don't have the radio that it goes with and upgrading to it with all the wires and whatnot would cost a $1000 or more I don't want it. So they told me either I could order the wheel with non-functional audio controls (might look stupid) or I could wait for the new cheep wheel to come in and then could see if the backs of the wheel would be interchangeable... swap the back from the cheep wheel to the leather wheel. Still waiting for the ordered parts.

·
Registered
901 Posts
GOT said:
...Apparently the only leather wheel for the Caliber has the audio controls built in. Since I don't have the radio that it goes with ....
Is that what the service dept. is telling you???
Then why can the factory build a car with audio controls and ANY of the radios??? (The logic: audio controls get added w/ MusicGate, and MusicGate works with all radios.)

Sure you'd still need the wiring harnesses....

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Is that what the service dept. is telling you???
Then why can the factory build a car with audio controls and ANY of the radios??? (The logic: audio controls get added w/ MusicGate, and MusicGate works with all radios.)

Sure you'd still need the wiring harnesses....
Yes they told me that... lol! However they mainly focused on how much the wiring harness would cost installed (and it’s too much for me at the monet). I don't blame them on this one because they are actually trying to see if it could be done and are willing to work with me to see if parts from one wheel can be swapped over to the other one. They seem to be acting genuinely curious.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts