Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up party people, couldn't find a good thread about this but.,

i've got a leased caliber and the lease is up on june 28th... has anybody had any experience with the dealers recently that can help out my cause?

the way i figure it... i can probly negotiate my buyout amount, seeing as chrysler dealers are already bursting with inventory. but i bet it wont be that easy.

anything u can say to help out a cholo, would be appreciated...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Not sure what you mean. If your lease is up and the cars in good shape with good mileage you turn it in, pay what ever service fee you owe and walk away.

How much is your residual (remaining balance)?

It's possible you negotiate buying it below that but they will have to take it in as a turn in first. All turn ins get picked up by Chrysler, the dealer can't keep it and sell it. Considering what's going on anything is possible though.

Reactions: JOJOCHINTO

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i figured as much... my buyout is crazy.... more than 11 grand... in this market i can get a new caliber for about as much..

i dont owe anything besides the buyout... and thats only if i return it... all off-lease cars are property of chrysler?? not the dealership?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
ya i figured as much... my buyout is crazy.... more than 11 grand... in this market i can get a new caliber for about as much..

i dont owe anything besides the buyout... and thats only if i return it... all off-lease cars are property of chrysler?? not the dealership?
Thats correct.

Dealerships can buy these cars at Chrysler auctions.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I looked into your idea when my R/T AWD lease was near end. The market value was lower than my buyout, which no one was willing to negotiate. The car was turned in, sent to auction, and probably cost Chrysler more than doing a deal with me. I got a good buy on my CSRT4 though so que sera.

Reactions: JOJOCHINTO

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
This is why leases are many times the best way to finance. If you tried to trade that vehicle you'd get the market value but because its a lease your value was locked in before all this economy crap started.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
sometimes Chrysler will let you 'extend' your lease, which depending on your interest rate may be a good option. (I have a grand caravan lease at 0%, I was able to renew it for another year at no additional cost, I'm purely paying the principal down).

You can negotiate the buyout at times, but they play tricks... chysler does own the car, but you can't negoiate directly with chrylser financial RE: buyout (i've tried), but you can w/ the dealer even though they don't 'technically' own that vehicle... so they play with that fact...

does your lease hold any negative equity? (overmileage, damage, etc...? that could change the picture)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hopefully someday we'll be able to lease Chrysler vehicles again. I wish I could have leased my CSRT-4. Actually, if I were able to lease, I would have leased a Challenger R/T the way I wanted it instead of the SRT-4.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ya, I'm leasing w/ an amazing interest rate right now (1.49%) so I'll likely extend the lease if its posisble at the end of it, pay down more principal, then the following year I might buy it out (depending on how its been/cars on the market at that time)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sometimes Chrysler will let you 'extend' your lease, which depending on your interest rate may be a good option. (I have a grand caravan lease at 0%, I was able to renew it for another year at no additional cost, I'm purely paying the principal down).

You can negotiate the buyout at times, but they play tricks... chysler does own the car, but you can't negoiate directly with chrylser financial RE: buyout (i've tried), but you can w/ the dealer even though they don't 'technically' own that vehicle... so they play with that fact...

does your lease hold any negative equity? (overmileage, damage, etc...? that could change the picture)
hey thanks for the responses guys... my last week off of work so i've been hitting dealerships like crazy(about 6 so far) its crazy...

u can almost tell which dealers are gonna close(i.e empty lots)
new vehicle availability is nada(plants closed)
and i even walked into my dealership today and could not find a salesman... there are only two salesman, and both of them tried to tell me they were the finance manager.lol

as for negative equity--- none-- i'm under miles... cars been repaired to OEM since my accident. i'm still thinking theres a chance to make a deal- but i'm looking at used cars already:icon_eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts