Dodge is taking a new slant on the global compact car market, introducing the 2007 Dodge Caliber at a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $13,985 (including a $560 destination charge), $410 below the Dodge Neon that it replaces. “Dodge Caliber is not your typical small car,” said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Marketing. “The all-new Dodge Caliber redefines the compact car by combining crossover styling with space-efficient packaging, interior flexibility, innovative features and affordable performance.” The 2007 Dodge Caliber will be available in U.S. dealerships in the first quarter of 2006 and in global volume markets in the second quarter of 2006.
- Standard side-curtain air bags
- MusicGate Power An available nine-speaker Boston Acoustics premium sound system with subwoofer includes two articulating speakers packaged in the liftgate. When the liftgate is open, the speakers can swing down from the trim panel to face rearward for tailgating and other activities
- An available dual purpose, self-recharging removable flashlight, which is mounted in the headliner above the cargo area and can snap out of the bezel to serve as a flashlight
- Chill Zone A cooled beverage storage bin that can hold up to four 20-oz. bottles or cans (available in air conditioning-equipped models)
- A floor console sliding armrest moves forward 3 inches to accommodate shorter drivers. The armrest lid includes a unique flip pocket for storing a cell phone or an MP3 player
- An available 110-volt outlet in the center console can power small electronics (SXT and R/T)
- Illuminated front cup holders rings glow blue-green to match other center stack lighting
- A front passenger seat folds forward to create a table-like surface for versatility (SXT and R/T models)
- 60/40 rear seats both fold flat and recline 12 degrees (SXT and R/T models)
- A vinyl load floor in the rear cargo area is both washable and removable YES Essentials fabric — an easy-care, soil-repellant and anti-microbial textile protects seats from stains, odors and discoloration (late availability)
To read the rest of the article, click here!