Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to wax my Caliber for the first time. I should have already done this but I didn't know it didn't have any wax on it yet. The dealer informed me yesterday that they didn't have time to put any on and I would need to put some on. HELLO, should have told me that the day I got it not 2 weeks out!.

Anyway, I was hoping we could get some ideas on what kind of wax, tips, ect. together. Since I am starting from scratch (no pun intended, I hope:( ) I would like to get a really good coat on to start with. I have waxed my cars before but my Cali is different...she needs special treatment. Any ideas?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I like the new Ice by Turtle Wax. It leaves no residue, and you can use it in the sun.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Fitz said:
I like the new Ice by Turtle Wax. It leaves no residue, and you can use it in the sun.
xlr8 said:
Here are some of the best products about
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/producttests/55103/car_polishes_and_waxes.html

I will use the Turtle wax platinum as I already have some in my garage :p
Here are the links to a couple of previous discussions that mention these products, waxing and trim care on the Caliber, etc:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1129

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1407

·
Registered
683 Posts
Everyone will have their different favorite. There are too many to choose from! I prefer AutoGlass. It is not a wax but rather a more durable coating that survives car washes etc. Really shines. Expensive at about $25 a can but worth it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK Superbang, let's see how you explain this one...;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Zaino...........I've used it on all my show cars and my daily drivers aswell. You can only buy the stuff over the net. Benn using it for the last 10 years.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Zaino is good, little dust, expensive though. Meguairs and Mothers are fine.

The trick, IMHO, is using the proper rags- MICROFIBRE, all the way! Change often, wash, never dry with a Bounce (tm) sheet.

I find that by applying the wax, or polish, then immediately wiping off (once hazed), before any dust collects, means that you are removing the product and not rubbing dust IN to the clear coat.

Here is my PT, almost 6, waxed with microfibre rags and not done in the "dust"... And the Caliber too of course... almost in the same place...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Zaino all the way. Only thing I will use on my vehicles. Pricey but well worth it if you care about your vehicle. Just follow the application directions on the website exactly to get the best results. www.zainobros.com And the Ultimate Tire Gloss works extremely well also. Doesn't leave a film on the tire to collect dirt, keeps any black plastic trim looking better than factory new for months without re-application. And with all the black plastic we have on our Calibers, you definitly need this stuff.

·
Registered
746 Posts
ejfb said:
Yeah Bang, explain Brazillian. ROFLMAO :D
ok here goes.

in brazil, they crush up these little pygmy marmosets, a bat called the myotis and a manatee and they form this wax. this wax is then applied to cars to ensure long lasting shine and protection from the sun's harsh rays... of harshness.

what the hell were you guys thinking?:rolleyes:

it's amazing what you can do with brazillian fauna.

·
Registered
171 Posts
make sure you use microfiber towels you can get a pack of 3 at the parts store for like $4. I get my stuff from gary (turbomangt) over at 300cforums. His stuff is a little pricey but works great! I love it! Once I have clayed it,polished, buffed, and all the other stuff I do, it makes the car shine bright and makes it feel like glass nice and smooth!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
superbang said:
brazillian all the way.
One step ahead of ya SuperBang :D Been there done that :p

·
Registered
506 Posts
yes indeed... i went to the part store they sent me to the beauty shop i came out like WOA WOA WOA... that is not my batman glass lois.... j/k lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use the Klasse twins personally. I find that The Klasse AIO and the SG do a wonderful job of protection. The more coats of the SG you use the wetter the car looks. Then to finish it off I use some sauveran(sp) carnuba.

Ohh I second the microfiber.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts