Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally have my Caliber back. They took two days to install Lifetrak into the dash. The dealer left my car a mess! Including a noticable gauge in the dash and in the sides of the cellphone holder. My car was 3 DAYS OLD when I left it in their care. I left a message with my sales person telling him I was uphappy about the Lifetrak installation. So annoyed.....they better replace those parts.

·
Registered
384 Posts
What is Lifetrak?

I don't understand what was messed up but it sounds frustrating all the same!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lifetrak is the new Lojack but, it is GPS. They put it in your dash somewhere and apparently have to take the dashboard apart. It looks like they tool a tool and made deep scratches in the dashboard and one the side of the cellphone holder.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh my goodness! That is awful!

They better replace it because that is just completely unacceptable!!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
katiescaliber said:
Oh my goodness! That is awful!

They better replace it because that is just completely unacceptable!!
Agreed! Don't let them give you the bull story, "it was like that when we got it":(:mad:

I will need to start taking before pictures when I go to my dealer!:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
That sucks... The dealer should replace your dash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a similar issue. I carried my Caliber in to the dealer on Tuesday to install MobileIQ and alarm (I think same as lifetrak) works on gps, etc.

Long story short it is almost Friday and I am still without my vehicle. After 2 days of install I get a call saying they messed up one of the panels and have to replace it, later that afternoon I get a call saying my airbag light is on and it won't go out, they need another day to fix it. Today I get a call saying not only is the light on but it is throwing a code that they cannot reset.

They wil have to keep my car longer (possibly over the weekend)

I think these techs just have not been trained on the Caliber and it is still too new to do aftermarket installs without issues. I just hate that RT and myself have to be guinipigs in this deal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to the dealer tonight to have them look at it. This will be my 3rd trip to the dealer this week. Ugh! It is just an annoyance because I already work over an hour away from home and this dealer is not exactly on the way home. I will try to snap some pictures. I felt that my salesman was avoiding me. I called and left a message and called several times after that w/o leaving a message. Finally, after lunch, I called the front desk to see if he was in. And he was, so they fowarded me to his extension and I left a message saying that I talked to the front desk and I know that he is there. Wouldn't you know, I had a call back within 15 minutes??? Funny, he said that he has been really busy. I have been to that dealership many times and I know they are never "that" busy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts