Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There don't seem to be any images of a Caliber in Lt. Khaki Metallic, except the colorizations on the Dodge site (which don't do justice to any of the colors, really). Does anyone have, or has anyone seen, a picture on the web of a live Caliber in Khaki?

·
Registered
901 Posts
How about, (IMHO), that since it only became orderable what, last month? that any in that color haven't yet made it through the supply chain and onto dealer lots.

Heck, considering the order/build backlog, they are probably still in queue, at one of the B statuses....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Khaki is for pants if you ask me, and it is a boring color at that. I don't want to be reminded of work when I get into my car. JMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, folks. I'm in a 2000 Grand Cherokee right now and am considering the Caliber for the next vehicle (Compass looks too goofy). I'll pick up a brochure when I go test drive.

As for khaki being boring ... to each his/her own. I prefer my vehicles neutral. I think DC would have done better using the dark khaki (used on the Jeep line) rather than the light.

If I end up with the Caliber I'm sure I'll see you up here in the forum, and I look forward to discussing the goods (hopefully very many) and the bads (hopefully very few) of ownership.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just out of curiosity, I checked the Jeep web site. Sure enough, they have other vehicles that currently use "Light Khaki Metallic" -- the Liberty and Grand Cherokee. (Compass too of course, but those are still rare too, so that's not gonna be of any help.) If you want to see this paint color in person, you could check out a Jeep dealership for either of those vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DodgeGirlKathy - yep. I've seen the GC and Commander in that color. Looks horrible on the GC, but not bad on the Commander. I won't know if it works on the Caliber without seeing one live.

Xtreme Thunder - I agree with you - I'd have to see the car in person to know how it would look in that color. I did see an image in the brochure at the dealership (which brochure I couldn't take with me because it was the last one). :-/

BlueHawaii - That's true. And I am a Southerner, which gives me an hereditary affinity for camo.

Dealers around here tend to have black in stock, which I think looks good. If I can swing the deal that's my color choice right now.

Thanks to all for the responses.

·
Registered
414 Posts
evalentin said:
it's just not that desirable, they should of just kept the yellow in production
I don't think they should ever put Yellow on the Calibers again, ever....

I think the Khaki looks nice, but again, the colors on the Dodge website are a bit off from real life.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Khaki is avaliable on the Dodge Dakota as well. In fact its been there for the entire 2006 model year and I have seena few in person. Its a nice color I think. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
just saw a Pacifica in Khaki or close to it and it looks marvelous with polished/chrome wheels. needed a tint which I'm sure they'll get soon (was new car). I like the Pacifica a lot too.
The color you probably saw was Linen Gold. Thats a Chrysler color. Its close to Khaki. Chrysler would not use Khaki as a color. It does not fit the image. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rule #1: the photo:

Here in Light Khaki is the Jeep Patriot, to be made aside the Caliber shortly.
Light Khaki is featured on many Jeeps including the Wrangler... where it stands out with a Khaki softop:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I just saw a Caliber today in the Khaki color and it looked very cool. It has a business, formal look to it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts