Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a feeling this will be a quiet forum. The Caliber does not seem to be real popular out here (too many ricers, BMW's, and Porsche's I guess). I've had mine since June, and I've still only seen 3 other Calibers on the road since then.

Oh well, thier loss. The longer I have my Caliber, the more I like it.:)

Oh, BTW! I found a new "feature" the other day. I was driving down the freeway and I started to hear a chime. Could not figure it out at first, then I discovered my blinker was on. So I guess at speed, after a certain amount of time, it starts chiming to remind you to turn the blinker off!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for the info about the blinkers. I'm gonna try that out. I guess they figured us old folks needed that feature, and apparently you did.:D The longer I have mine, the better I like it too. And I loved it when I got it! Take care Old Dude!
Fitz

·
Registered
256 Posts
It also apparently chimes if a door is not closed quite right either. The only ones I've had so far are the low fuel one and the low air one. It got pretty chilly one night, so the tires were down. They came up to normal pressure soon enough though. Maybe I should fill them with nitrogen. That seems to be the new trend...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I found that my Caliber chimes when the car is moving at highways speeds and there's nobody in the drivers seat. :p :p :p J/K

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
kdogg said:
They came up to normal pressure soon enough though. Maybe I should fill them with nitrogen. That seems to be the new trend...
All aircraft use nitrogen in the tires. Surprised it's taken so long to get into the automotive side. Definitly worth it if you don't have any air leaks on your tires. Keeps a constant pressure for better gas mileage. No matter what temp or altitude. i know Costco uses nitrogen when it does tire changes.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Probably worth it going to nitrogen. During the summer months when it was 110F here the EVIC display showed my tires at about 35lbs. Now the temp is about 65F in the mornings at they read about 25lbs. Of course the sensors themselves could be rather temperature sensitive. I gotta buy a decent guage.

·
Registered
256 Posts
HSKR said:
i know Costco uses nitrogen when it does tire changes.
That's where I first heard about it two days ago. A friend had her tires replaced there. She told me they used hydrogen though. :eek:. Did some looking up, and it sounds like a good theory. (the nitrogen part...)

·
Registered
114 Posts
If they used hydrogen...tell your friend not to smoke too close to the tires!LOL I'm sure they used nitrogen as hydrogen would essentially just plant 4 bombs under the car!

·
Registered
343 Posts
mmmm, might have to "aquire" some nitrogen from the nitrogen cart at work ;)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
To have it work right, you'd have to purge your tire of all the old air before setting the bead, then fill it up with nitrogen.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine came with nitrogen in them.... :?

There are a few other caliebrs around here: one marine blue (rental) a stone white, a black one, 3 inferno reds (including mine) and an orange one. a few of them are rentals though :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts