Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the good news is, I got my Caliber. Unfortunately, dealing with the dealers was so miserable I probably should have just gotten another car to avoid the situation.

So here it goes...
I ordered my car from a great guy. He gave me a really good deal on it and was very good with the whole wait preocess. He would send me emails to let me know what was going on. So then all of the sudden he ups and leaves and all of my stuff gets handed off to another dealer. No one calls me and lets me know my dealer quit, which is a little annoying but no biggie as long as I get the same deal.
However, the new dealer is not so customer oriented. The first dealer told me that my car would be at the distribution center on the 21st and he would try to get it delivered as soon as possible. He left before it arrived at the distribution center so he wasn't able to move up the delivery date. I called the dealership to ask if they had any idea when it would be coming and he said, "oh we have a truck coming Monday. We'll put it on that and you'll have it no later than Tuesday.We'll call you" Well Tuesday night comes around and I still haven't heard a thing, so I call them. He tells me they forgot to load it on the truck so don't expect it until July 5th. The original non moved up dealer arrival date was the 30th. (So I was annoyed when he said the 5th.) Then he tells me that they have truck coming in on Tuesday and he will see if he can get it on that, but he probably won't be able to, but he'll call me at 2:00 and let me know because if it doesn't come they were going to give me a loaner. Well 6:30 Tuesday night when I still haven't heard from him, I decided to call. He told me that my car did get on the truck and that it would be delivered that night and I could go pick it up Wednesday morning. He also askes if I can go down there that night and sign everything. So I do that and get everything squared away and 1. They refuse to give me the 500 dollar rebate regardless of the fact that I called the incentive center and had a paper that said I could get it because of price portection. And 2. They tell me that my car was delivered and is in the back waiting to be unload so I can pick it up after 10:00 Wed morning. I call them Wed morning to make sure I can pick it up and then they tell me it wasn't actually delivered and they have no idea when it's coming.
At this point I am pretty angry. They have been making up dates and making up information so I kinda rip the guy. I definitely wasn't yelling but I told him how mad I was with this whole ordeal. My whole reasoning is if you don't know when the car will come just say I don't know and please CALL ME and let me know what's going on. I do not like being blown off. And I had rearranged my day so I coud get the car and my friend was going to take me and he had to move his clients around so he could take me. The guy was so rude and was like, "What do you want me to do? Call the truck driver and make him drive faster?" I really did not appreciate that. Then he said, "if you're so upset why don't I cancel your deal." That made me really really mad. I was like fine just call me when it comes otherwise do not call me at all.
So they finally call and say it arrived and I can pick it up. We go down there and there was on more thing we had to talk to the finance guy about. My dealer said let me go let him know you are here. I follow behind him to the office and wait outside. I don't think he realized I was right there because I geard him say to the finance guy "That Bitch is here" Now I am livid. I really wished I'd said something right then but I was os angry I couldn't think. When we were done with that guy I say just give me my keys because I am getting the hell out of here. The dealer was like, "you are going to give me a hundred percent on my review right?" I was like whatever. He then said, "If you give me a good review I will give you a full tank of gas." Needless to say this guy is not getting a good review!

So I wanted everybody's opinion on whether I was completely unreasonable or not. (I don't think I was) And also where would I go to report this guy to Dodge?

I also wanted to apoligize for not having pictures yet but I will definitely put them on this weekend.

·
Registered
911 Posts
See if you can get ahold of the zone manager (or whatever they call it), thats the best thing to do. Sometimes thats not an easy thing to do and you may have to do a little research, possibly ask a near by dealer that would be in the same zone. Tell him how everything went down, and they may be able to do something, possibly even get you your $500 rebate back in a check or something. As far as I know, they're the people who determine who gets what for a lot of things like if that dealer can order any Calibers. They can also see about your rebate. Complain to them (the zone manger) as much as possible.

Sorry to hear about how things went down. Glad you got your Caliber though! I wouldn't even think about taking the car back to them for service as I'm sure you won't.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, I would have been in an uproar, I think a phone call to Dodge and the Owner of the dealer is in store. We are there bread and butter. What asses.

·
Banned
400 Posts
HyperCat said:
Well the good news is, I got my Caliber. Unfortunately, dealing with the dealers was so miserable I probably should have just gotten another car to avoid the situation.

So here it goes...
I ordered my car from a great guy. He gave me a really good deal on it and was very good with the whole wait preocess. He would send me emails to let me know what was going on. So then all of the sudden he ups and leaves and all of my stuff gets handed off to another dealer. No one calls me and lets me know my dealer quit, which is a little annoying but no biggie as long as I get the same deal.
However, the new dealer is not so customer oriented. The first dealer told me that my car would be at the distribution center on the 21st and he would try to get it delivered as soon as possible. He left before it arrived at the distribution center so he wasn't able to move up the delivery date. I called the dealership to ask if they had any idea when it would be coming and he said, "oh we have a truck coming Monday. We'll put it on that and you'll have it no later than Tuesday.We'll call you" Well Tuesday night comes around and I still haven't heard a thing, so I call them. He tells me they forgot to load it on the truck so don't expect it until July 5th. The original non moved up dealer arrival date was the 30th. (So I was annoyed when he said the 5th.) Then he tells me that they have truck coming in on Tuesday and he will see if he can get it on that, but he probably won't be able to, but he'll call me at 2:00 and let me know because if it doesn't come they were going to give me a loaner. Well 6:30 Tuesday night when I still haven't heard from him, I decided to call. He told me that my car did get on the truck and that it would be delivered that night and I could go pick it up Wednesday morning. He also askes if I can go down there that night and sign everything. So I do that and get everything squared away and 1. They refuse to give me the 500 dollar rebate regardless of the fact that I called the incentive center and had a paper that said I could get it because of price portection. And 2. They tell me that my car was delivered and is in the back waiting to be unload so I can pick it up after 10:00 Wed morning. I call them Wed morning to make sure I can pick it up and then they tell me it wasn't actually delivered and they have no idea when it's coming.
At this point I am pretty angry. They have been making up dates and making up information so I kinda rip the guy. I definitely wasn't yelling but I told him how mad I was with this whole ordeal. My whole reasoning is if you don't know when the car will come just say I don't know and please CALL ME and let me know what's going on. I do not like being blown off. And I had rearranged my day so I coud get the car and my friend was going to take me and he had to move his clients around so he could take me. The guy was so rude and was like, "What do you want me to do? Call the truck driver and make him drive faster?" I really did not appreciate that. Then he said, "if you're so upset why don't I cancel your deal." That made me really really mad. I was like fine just call me when it comes otherwise do not call me at all.
So they finally call and say it arrived and I can pick it up. We go down there and there was on more thing we had to talk to the finance guy about. My dealer said let me go let him know you are here. I follow behind him to the office and wait outside. I don't think he realized I was right there because I geard him say to the finance guy "That Bitch is here" Now I am livid. I really wished I'd said something right then but I was os angry I couldn't think. When we were done with that guy I say just give me my keys because I am getting the hell out of here. The dealer was like, "you are going to give me a hundred percent on my review right?" I was like whatever. He then said, "If you give me a good review I will give you a full tank of gas." Needless to say this guy is not getting a good review!

So I wanted everybody's opinion on whether I was completely unreasonable or not. (I don't think I was) And also where would I go to report this guy to Dodge?

I also wanted to apoligize for not having pictures yet but I will definitely put them on this weekend.
No apologies needed for me! Settle down and enjoy your CALI!
Now, you are NOT WRONG number one! If that had been me, I wouldn't give their sorry asses a good review either! I had a bad experience with the dealer I bought my car from. I gave them HELL! Average rating from me was "STRONGLY DISAGREE"! (the bottom of the 5 choices):D.

I know they can't stand me, but when it comes to THE CUSTOMER being SATISFIED, They better ACT LIKE THEY KNOW what that means. I would give them a VERY NEGATIVE REVIEW if it were me. I just strongly believe, treat others as you would want to be treated. Just today, I had to chew out a General Sales Manager.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ask them who's paying the bills over there. YOU ARE. You are the customer. That is power. I'd stick it to them. I'd also have the dealerships GM and owner on the horn as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Take a deep breath, go for a drive in your new car, and enjoy! Congratulations. Sorry you had to go through a personal hell. I'm glad I bought one off the lot! Had to shop around a bit to find the one I wanted in stock, but for me, test drove one day, took delivery the next.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I emailed DCX about my poor service when I had issues with my R/T Neon a few years ago. You'd be suprised how well they will respond to service like that!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
HyperCat said:

So here it goes...

Holy cow! You only acted unreasonable in that you didn't go nuclear on them. A bad review is they least that should happen to them. I mean I've heard of lawsuits being filed for this and less.

Hope things go better for you.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You should talk to the dealers sales manager/owner. Hold the review in your hand at the time. I talked to the sales manger about a few minor issues. He corrected them all. But he also stated they get good bonuses for 100% reviews. Just one ding on it erases most of that bonus. So even if you're pissed at them, give them a chance to correct things and also get some freebies. I'm up to 2 free tanks of gas and a dashmat but I'm gonna see what other freebies I can get.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Huff said:
...So even if you're pissed at them, give them a chance to correct things and also get some freebies. I'm up to 2 free tanks of gas and a dashmat but I'm gonna see what other freebies I can get.
Sigh:mad: I just don't understand this. Man all I want is good service... what I pay them to do! ...don't know what to think anymore...:confused:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well I'll just say this, you were right in everything.

About the $500 rebate, that is a factory to customer rebate, if the dealer won't give you a rebate the factory guarantees, then call the rebate center and they will send you the forms, and you will get a check in the mail from Chrysler, just like the dealer will get.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
HyperCat said:
...So I wanted everybody's opinion on whether I was completely unreasonable or not. (I don't think I was) And also where would I go to report this guy to Dodge?

Ditto on all the recommendations on who to report this to.

The MAIN picture I'd like to see at this point is ... a photo of that SALESPERSON.

Just submit it, and I'll insert it where it belongs INSIDE the cutout area of the following picture:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds like the sales manager at my dealer "if you can't mark us all excellent on the review, call me and we will work it out"... yeah right... I got the survery and answered it honestly...

Don't know how much weight the survery you get from DCX carries, but when you get it... mark it all "below satisfactory" (if that is possible)...

Enjoy your Caliber and have it serviced somewhere else.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Take your review, all the paperwork on the car (before and after delivery), the letter from the rebate center, and photocopy it all. Call the dealership and request an appointment with the owner. If the gatekeeper won't let you get face to face with the owner tell them that you're sending a copy of all your documents and complaints directly to your state attourney general's office, your local better business brueau (if you have one), Diamler Chrysler Corp, and any other local "fair business practices" office you can think of. Tell them that you would like to give the owner an opportunity to review and correct the situation before you do this, but if they won't let you see the owner then you will have no choice. Make sure you only give COPIES of you paperwork to anyone, keep the originals for yourself. And most importantly enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I only have one question...

Why in the world did you buy it and give that schmuck the comission???!!

At the very least I would have demanded another salesperson handle it and/or given hell to the manager.

Actually if it were me, I would have said

"Listen, M******F****R!!! You can shove that Cali and your comission up your A**!!"

Then I would have reported to all people named above.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i would've just gone to a different dealer, and told the salespeople that..
"you just lost a sale.. not only from me, but from everyone i tell about this little experience.. goodbye" .. they get the picture really quickly.. no good salesmanship = no money.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
suzq044 said:
i would've just gone to a different dealer, and told the salespeople that..
"you just lost a sale.. not only from me, but from everyone i tell about this little experience.. goodbye" .. they get the picture really quickly.. no good salesmanship = no money.
Wouldn't it be interesting if the person went to a different dealer, was able to work out a dealer trade (without the original dealer knowing who was getting the car), and having the buyer receive THE SAME Caliber but without all the hassles? :)

THEN go back to the ORIGINAL dealer and tell the above to them...

·
Registered
226 Posts
A new car is only a mini, $50 commission unless they have a monthly spiff, which I doubt being it's such a hot item.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
A new car is only a mini, $50 commission unless they have a monthly spiff, which I doubt being it's such a hot item.
That can't be right.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Trust me. It is. Dealerships bread and butter are their used vehicles. I asked my saleslady what the mini was on the Calibers. $50 in this region. That's it. They make more money by selling you the protection packages and any extras. But yes. When I sold Mazdas (new), I got $100-200 depending on the model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts