Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5,900 on my Inferno Red SXT and finally have a problem....I felt lucky because I didn't have the Caliber Click and Didn't have a drippy rear window washer...lucky, until now. I had pulled into a parking lot and put the tranny in park, but, decided to move to a different spot. But, when I went to put it in drive, it would not move...I made sure I was on the brake, but still nothing....then I noted something interesting in the manual, it describes how to manually release the parking interlock (a design problem they knew about?)....so, after using a key to pry off the access plug, I was able to release the interlock, but, now...no interlock action at all! The shifter moves easily from gear to gear without any brake. The dealer says it is fault with the shifter mechanism and ordered some new parts...otherwise, the car is excellent....right at 30mpg on the highway

·
Registered
140 Posts
WOW!!! very interesting, sorry, but hopefully it gets fixed soon, hey it should be covered so no worries right, just deal with the withdrawls till you get her back...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same issue, with the car stuck in park. Dealer ended up replacing the shifter, and I haven't had the issue since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts