Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help in looking for a GOLF RALLYE or a GOLF G60.
Does anyone have links as I don't speak German.
The car must be totally standard and AAA condition as I'm looking for a project to work on. Low miles preferable.
EBay already covered, so if anyone has contacts either Germany, France, Belgium or anywhere for that matter left hand drive is fine with me.
Cheers in advance!
Jay

·
Registered
82 Posts
www.ebay.de is your best friend, then use Alta Vista's Babel Fish to translate, believe it or not you will have better luck finding an M3 or S4 over here than a used Ralley, I have a Built Mark II GTI and it's hot, will whipe a G60's ass, but that's for another forum;-)

That's my "Ring" car, and it get's used often for the various "Ring's" here. Remember, Babel Fish is your friend, and be prepared to travel if your looking for one of those car's, just do a turbo on a 16v and noone will be able to touch you, that's my plans, mmmm, turbo:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clavit said:
www.mobile.de is usually a good bet. Unfortunately it's in German (!).Good luck with your hunt :)
Clavit thanks mate those prices aren't cheaper in euro's than pounds?
Thought there would be more unspoilt ones about, guess its still popular car in Germany. Thanks again for links great!

bahndrvrwww.ebay.de is your best friend, then use Alta Vista's Babel Fish to translate, believe it or not you will have better luck finding an M3 or S4 over here than a used Ralley, I have a Built Mark II GTI and it's hot, will whipe a G60's ass, but that's for another forum;-)

That's my "Ring" car, and it get's used often for the various "Ring's" here. Remember, Babel Fish is your friend, and be prepared to travel if your looking for one of those car's, just do a turbo on a 16v and noone will be able to touch you, that's my plans, mmmm, turbo:)
bahndrvr Big hello to a fellow duber I know where you coming from I've owned about four Vw's From Mk1 to MkIV. Karmen Clipper's, Golfs 16V GTI's, Passat's 2.7ltres turbo's.

This time I'm a little older and just want a unspoilt Rallye OR G60 with about 50,000 miles on the clock with original G laders and block no Jabber mods, but plain old show car!
M3 and S3 a dime a dozen as for 20VT transplants and Big bore jobs been there and really just want a Sunday Cruise Rallye car doing nothing but 400 miles a year!

Spec 1991-92
Blue OR BLACK
Black leather recaro heated seats front and back
No mods! Under 60,000 miles if you hear of such a car I want it :D
Garret Turbo or Bi twin K04? mmmmmmmmmm!

·
Registered
82 Posts
haha,

Gotta love Hot Hatches, and Dub's opened the market arguably with the Mark 1's:) To be honest, I've been in Germany for almost three years, and I've only seen 3 Ralley's for sale, buddy bought one for 9,000 Euro that had 35,000 km's on the clock and he got lucky in my opinion with taht one. As for G60's, you can find them, but good luck on the low milage part, that seems to be the German's favorite car, cheaper insurance for them as most are 1.8ltrs and that saves them money. Just watch .de and that's your best bet, I've seen quite a few RHD ones on the brit's version but it sounds like you have that side of the house covered.

If I end up getting out of the military here in the near future the car will go back to the states with me and there's no way there won't be a turbo in the car, maybe a 20v with a t28 if the money and wife will allow it, can you say 300+ whp and under 2,000 pound curb weight:)
Dub love is represented all over the world, mine is a 3A block out of an Audi punched out to 2009cc's and TM Tuning 6.1 headwork with all the nicessities to go along with it, Autotch 270 cam and all the other bolt on's that make it a screamer.

·
Registered
775 Posts
bahndrvr,

You have a MKII GTI? I had a MKII GL with a GTI engine until I bought the Caliber. If you are interested, I can give you the URL for a great VW message board. I've been a mamber of that board for a quite a few years now, the members are friendly and very knowledgeable, very much like this board. Let me know if you want the URL.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah,

thanks for the link, haven't been there yet but will check it out at home tonight probably, just fixed my laptop and got the wireless up and running due to my wife and I starting back to school so it had to take priority, just like most of my online time will be for classes now too:( Oh well, got less than half a year left on the bachelor's so time to knock it out:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK Michael, bahndrvr I finally found a one owner Rallye with 50,000 miles on the clock but I have no idea how to get tempory plates on it whilst driving it back to England?
The guys selling the car is a collector it was registered in 1989 but de registered at some point so the car is fine to drive but how do I get tempory plates the car is based in Italy, but the seller is German.

I can get insurance based on the chassis number for 14 days which can be covered in europe and UK until I get plates from DVLA in the UK.
But I have 1000 miles to drive back to the channel tunnel? No plates no driving back?
Any info would be great!:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts