Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
"Let's compare, shall we, the 2005 Neon SRT-4 to this week's test car, the top-shelf 2007 Caliber R/T. Comparably priced at about $20,000, the Neon SRT-4 was powered by a 2.4-liter, 230-hp turbocharged four-cylinder; the Caliber's naturally aspirated 2.4-liter puts out 172 horsepower."

You can't compare the Neon SRT-4 to the Caliber R/T!!!!!! Compare it to the Caliber SRT-4 when it comes out. Thats an unfair comparison.

EDIT: As I read further down the article I noticed that they say the same thing. They say the AWD is only a difference of 261 lbs. I thought I read on here that its more like a 600 lbs difference.

·
Registered
86 Posts
OUCH!:mad:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rough... But he seemed like he didn't ive it a chance. He was more pissed at David Spade than the Caliber. I bet he drove a Neon FOREVER...

·
Registered
361 Posts
It comes off as more of an opinion with a few facts thrown in....Of those facts, some don't even seem correct.

·
Banned
73 Posts
why cant they be compared? the price is the same. I would imagine the srt caliber will be mid to upper 20's. I also think the neon was a better car than this minivan looking contraption.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You can't base an entire comparison on price. The main arguement was that it wasn't as fast. Well of course having a less powerful engine and more weight will do that.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Wow! Makes me ALMOST feel like I made a bad decision purchasing the Caliber. :( *wipes tears away* If any potential buyers are interested in the Caliber and see this, I think the review would make them forget about it.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Principal said:
It comes off as more of an opinion with a few facts thrown in....Of those facts, some don't even seem correct.
A professional automotive review is supposed to be an opinion.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their opinion... it's just a shame that such a major newspaper will only print one persons opinion. And who knows how much money he's taken under the table from another manufacturer?? I could write an article saying how going from a 6-cyl bigger SUV to this 4-banger has put a grin back on my face every time I drive it. And after a few thousand miles, I expect it to get better.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MetroAWD said:
And who knows how much money he's taken under the table from another manufacturer??
The Car Culture section of the LA Times is among the most read of all car reviews published by a daily newspaper. They regularly review all makes and models from the Yaris to the latest supercars and show no favouritism based on brand, price or country of origin. What they do is highlight what they perceive to be the strengths and shortcomings of whatever vehicle they happen to be reviewing, and they do it in a fair and unbiased fashion.

To suggest that every bad review is due to monetary influence of a competitor is naive and reeks of sour grapes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It just goes to show how the main stream media operates. Lets just take for an example, and I will not state wether I am for against the war. However, all the newspaper report on in the killing and gore going on in the war ravaged areas. They never show or report the good things that happen. Damn main streams jerk.

I love my Caliber and don't care what they say about ir.

·
Registered
97 Posts
:( wow those are very strong comments on that article....

·
Registered
97 Posts
and thinking that I decided to go for the caliber over the Tc... hhhhhmmmm!!!! :(

·
Banned
400 Posts
I love mines too, but IT COULD USE A LIL "OOMPH", I get almost terrified entering the freeway, the car doesn't "get up". I can almost feel the driver's anger behind me. Had a guy with a 300C step on the gas in frustration (like get that P.O.S. out of my way), because my Caliber was too slow entering the freeway, and the 300C was behind me. I may just have to get a Charger next year!

·
Registered
97 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
I love mines too, but IT COULD USE A LIL "OOMPH", I get almost terrified entering the freeway, the car doesn't "get up".
is it really that bad...... !!!! ?:confused:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm hoping the 5-Speed will help with the get-up-and-go.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts