Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem where after they turn the car off it hisses quite loudly? Not really sure what is causing it, haven't had a chance to look under the hood to find out. Just not sure if this is a normal hissing or not...

Dan

·
Registered
775 Posts
I get the hissing. I just assumed it was coolant pressure being released into the overflow tank. My VW used to do the same thing, only not quite as loud.

·
Registered
775 Posts
ejfb said:
Do you have another car? Maybe its letting the other car know who's boss. :D
Or a mating call. *Shudder at what the offspring of my Dodge and Nissan would look like*

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just noticed that my current car makes a hissing sound as well. It's most noticable when it's wet. The sound is coming from the drivers side, somewhere in front of the door.

I'd have checked it out if my caliber wasn't a few days away :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok well that helps. I'll run the ac tonight and pop the hood to make sure there is nothing venting that shouldn't be venting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My car makes a fast ticking sound when I turn it off. I haven't had to use my A/C yet. I've had my car two weeks today, maybe 415km on it, and I've been to the dearlship twice already. I was going to wait until my 1st oil change to find out if this was normal. My parents had a 92' caravan and I think I remember ticking by I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
dforsyth said:
ok well that helps. I'll run the ac tonight and pop the hood to make sure there is nothing venting that shouldn't be venting.
we have two cars (not yet a caliber... waiting for an srt4) and one of them also hisses, the other one doesn't.... most likely because that one doesn't have AC but that is beside the point lol :D

The one with AC has been doing it as long as i can remember and hasn't been a problem, if everything looks good i wouldn't worry about it

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Casey said:
My car makes a fast ticking sound when I turn it off. I haven't had to use my A/C yet. I've had my car two weeks today, maybe 415km on it, and I've been to the dearlship twice already. I was going to wait until my 1st oil change to find out if this was normal. My parents had a 92' caravan and I think I remember ticking by I'm not sure.
Could be the VSV... bet since you are hearing it that it is near a metal bracket or something. have the dealer check it out, shouldn't be a problem.

My matrix xrs did that (along with everyone else's) after installing a CAI... zip tieing the hose fixed it from being as noticable

1 - 20 of 21 Posts