Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i made a 3 way turn in a very small street and while i turning the wells to all the way to the left ,and then back two the right i heard a big bang comming from the passenger site suspension ,i went strait to the dealer and they tryt to regreate the same but they could not find a think ,all they dit do was making shure that all the screws where tied ,anybody experience something like that????????????????

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
tupmeier said:
i made a 3 way turn in a very small street and while i turning the wells to all the way to the left ,and then back two the right i heard a big bang comming from the passenger site suspension ,i went strait to the dealer and they tryt to regreate the same but they could not find a think ,all they dit do was making shure that all the screws where tied ,anybody experience something like that????????????????
Was there anything on the road that could have made the noise? Like the tire was sitting on something?? Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HSKR said:
Was there anything on the road that could have made the noise? Like the tire was sitting on something?? Just a suggestion.
believe me i checkt right away but there was nothing on the road but the bang was so loud that it scared some people walking on the side walk

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Did the bang happen right away as you started turning back from full lock, or part way through the turn?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wonder if maybe it was the u-joint being turn just the right way that it popped when you turned the wheels??

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HSKR said:
Wonder if maybe it was the u-joint being turn just the right way that it popped when you turned the wheels??
well the y checkt and can't find nothing wrong,hope it tays this way

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
tupmeier said:
believe me i checkt right away but there was nothing on the road but the bang was so loud that it scared some people walking on the side walk
Are you sure it wasn't that deaf, dumb and blind guy you run over a couple of months ago?:rolleyes: Cheers, Ron.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dude Im having the same sound or problem but up front, getting it checked out this week, Almost sounds like I have a busted shock, front is real noise going over railroad tracks etc, ruff places in roads real noticeable, Sounds like my front end is bottoming out, Feels like a lowered car lowered wrong

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm getting that same busted front shock feeling/sound, but that is besides the point.
Your 3 point turn, did it happen to be on uneven, sloped ground? Just a stab in the dark, but I wonder if its the steering stops. They will pop/grind when at full lock turns (but usually not as loud as you discribed)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xcanuk said:
I'm getting that same busted front shock feeling/sound, but that is besides the point.
Your 3 point turn, did it happen to be on uneven, sloped ground? Just a stab in the dark, but I wonder if its the steering stops. They will pop/grind when at full lock turns (but usually not as loud as you discribed)
nob it was a very strait pretty much brand new street

1 - 13 of 13 Posts