Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got sponsored by magnaflo for a prototype exhaust system for my R/T caliber... just thought id share the pics. Thanks to Gabe and his crew for hookin it up... sounds real nice, real low purr... think it read a little over 80db. quiete as far as im concerned, especially for an aftermarket exhaust system.

*** also put in a couple tvs... thought id show the pics on tha too.... and a game port.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: The MAGNAFLO experience

what the hell is up with everyone getting sponsors to put free stuff on their caliber? how do i get in on this deal? im in co, anybody know where i can go?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Darren07RT said:
got sponsored by magnaflo for a prototype exhaust system for my R/T caliber... just thought id share the pics. Thanks to Gabe and his crew for hookin it up... sounds real nice, real low purr... think it read a little over 80db. quiete as far as im concerned, especially for an aftermarket exhaust system.
Awesome, thanks for posting pics! It looks good and the muffler is a good size (the OEM muffler makes the Caliber looks like it took a dump in it's pants). I want to get me a dual-exhaust tip... either dual stingers or traditional dualie-tips.

·
Registered
171 Posts

that looks good I would have thought they would have made a dual system, but hey anything free is good to me!

·
Registered
190 Posts

What, no 42" plasma in the hatch?? C'mon man ;-)

Seriously, those head rests look fresh with those monitors in 'em. How do you see them when you're driving??

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

Thats really really cool, but we need some sound clips of these things!:D:D I am curious on what it sounds like!:cool::cool::D:):):):cool:

[Anyone put one on a dyno, before and after an exhaust install yet? (Just for the heck of it?)]:cool::cool:

That video game port is sweet...I may have to do that, to keep those backseat drives quiet:p:p

·
Registered
203 Posts

Just an FYI, the Magnaflow website list the cat back system part # as 16634. It is still shown as "Coming Soon" so there is no pricing and no sound bite as of yet...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

GypsyBill said:
Just an FYI, the Magnaflow website list the cat back system part # as 16634. It is still shown as "Coming Soon" so there is no pricing and no sound bite as of yet...
it still has to go through marketing team and everything before they can sell it or anything... so id imagine itll take a little while.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Darren07RT said:
it still has to go through marketing team and everything before they can sell it or anything... so id imagine itll take a little while.
That's ok with me... I am willing to wait if the sound is good. I still haven't heard anything out of Mopar about a cat-back for the R/T either.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Darren07RT said:
got sponsored by magnaflo for a prototype exhaust system for my R/T caliber... just thought id share the pics. Thanks to Gabe and his crew for hookin it up... sounds real nice, real low purr... think it read a little over 80db. quiete as far as im concerned, especially for an aftermarket exhaust system...
Now that you have had some time to drive around with the Magnaflow system, do you still like the sound? Is the interior sound at speed ok?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

ya sounds real good... couldnt be more pleased. passing gear is a little loud, but no more or less loud from when i did the short ram intake.

if you cant see the pics i dont know what to tell ya, have these pics on 4 different boards and they all work. try copying the url and pasting it into a new browser.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Darren07RT said:
ya sounds real good... couldnt be more pleased. passing gear is a little loud, but no more or less loud from when i did the short ram intake.

if you cant see the pics i dont know what to tell ya, have these pics on 4 different boards and they all work. try copying the url and pasting it into a new browser.
Thanks.. the pics seem to be back now... were gone for me also... I will keep checking the Magnaflow website for a release date and pricing...

·
Registered
203 Posts

I talked with a Magnaflow sales dude (yeah I know) and he said (after looking up the part # for the Caliber catback) that it we "should" see the system in about 6 weeks..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

sweetness... i recommend it to everyone... especially if you dont want it to sound like a fart can... this really accents the throaty noise of the caliber nicely.

·
Registered
321 Posts

Do any performance testing? 0-60 hp via dyno, gas milage? How about sound files? Need more detail.

Looks great!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

ill see if i can get a sound clip this week. call up my buddy with the vid. camera... cant get any sort of accurate dyno though because of the CVT.. sounds damn sexy though

·
Registered
413 Posts

darren is the final product that is for sale the same as yours?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts