Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: The MAGNAFLO experience

Darren07RT said:
ill see if i can get a sound clip this week. call up my buddy with the vid. camera... cant get any sort of accurate dyno though because of the CVT.. sounds damn sexy though
Put your autostick into "2nd" and let it run, that is how to dyno it. Take it out on the highway and floor it, Give us a 0-60 time.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

Darren07RT said:
ill see if i can get a sound clip this week. call up my buddy with the vid. camera... cant get any sort of accurate dyno though because of the CVT.. sounds damn sexy though
Ahh man you can't tell me that it sounds awesome and sexy, when.....when, I don't have anything to listen too!!!:p:p:p:D

Hurry with that sounds clip!!!...................

·
Registered
321 Posts

Audio files please.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

whats the best way to do an audio??? anyone got suggestions?

·
Registered
687 Posts

Use a laptop with an external mic and use WinXP sound recorder under programs/accessories/entertainment/sound recorder

Upload the saved sound file to rapidshare or some other free online share site.

·
Registered
614 Posts

IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Use a laptop with an external mic and use WinXP sound recorder under programs/accessories/entertainment/sound recorder

Upload the saved sound file to rapidshare or some other free online share site.
A good suggestion but I would add the recommendation to convert the resulting .wav audio file (which will be very large) to an MP3. This will shrink the file size considerably without compromising the sound quality too much.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)

EDIT:

well i just tryed it.. only problem was i only had my headset mic... so it came out like sh!t... all you can hear is the air... ill get another mic and try again tonight.....

·
Registered
413 Posts

??
Darren07RT said:
EDIT:

well i just tryed it.. only problem was i only had my headset mic... so it came out like sh!t... all you can hear is the air... ill get another mic and try again tonight.....
You may have put it too close to the exhaust......back away a little.

·
Registered
687 Posts

Try doing two sound clips....

1st - A drive by with your laptop/mic outside as the car drives by. :D

2nd - Stand still engine rev-up & down.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

anyone notice that our rev. limitor is set at 4k RPMs.... how bogus is that...
anyways.. picked up a stick mic from my sisters house... ill be getting the sound clip up today.. be on the lookout. ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts

Rev limiter at 4K? this is obviously when you are in park or neutral right? or when you hit a certain high speed?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

ya... at idle or nuetral is what im saying...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Magnaflo sound clip

EDITED: i couldnt host it on YOUTUBE due to the file type... if anyone has a better suggestion to host the file, im open to options...

try this link if the first ones not working... just click free.. then scroll down to enter the code to DL the file...
http://rapidshare.com/files/12620490/caliber.wav.html

what a pain in the ass this has turned out to be....

·
Registered
687 Posts
Re: Magnaflo sound clip

Just checked and got...

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.
I'll try again later.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

try it now... i couldnt host in on youtube because it wasnt a video

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

Darren07RT said:
EDITED: i couldnt host it on YOUTUBE due to the file type... if anyone has a better suggestion to host the file, im open to options...

try this link if the first ones not working... just click free.. then scroll down to enter the code to DL the file...
http://rapidshare.com/files/12620490/caliber.wav.html

what a pain in the ass this has turned out to be....
Awesome clip, I like the sound of it!! Not too raspy, but enough to know it is there!

·
Registered
321 Posts
This sounds great.

Any notice in performance? any performance tests 0-60? dyno? gas milage changes?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
eh... between that and the "hot air" intake... i think i lost a couple mpg, but i never really kept track to begin with... ill try a 0-60 this week.. and i just flat out dont have the time to hit the dyno... the closest one is like a hour+ drive.... schedule is just too messed up to make the drive right now...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds pretty good!..........I think I'm gonna get one.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts