Dodge Caliber Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
_CALIBER_ said:
that sucks its only for the 2.4
Mopar has a high flow cat-back system that will work on the SE, SXT, or the R/T NON AWD. The magnaflow system that is currently available works on the onlu model the Mopar system wont fit, the R/T AWD. No matter which car you have you can get a high flow cat back system. If you want the magnaflow, they do have partnumbers for a system to match the other cars, but they are not out yet. Key word yet.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Im actually starting to get tempted to go ahead and grab the magnaflow system. The car is a bit louder than i like already, but if it was at least a different pitch i wouldnt mind it at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Im actually starting to get tempted to go ahead and grab the magnaflow system. The car is a bit louder than i like already, but if it was at least a different pitch i wouldnt mind it at all.
Yeah...i'm of the same school of thought on that. The engine noise doesn't bother me so much as the pitch could be a bit "throatier" and not so...... "hummingbirdish"...if that's a word.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Darren07RT said:
eh... between that and the "hot air" intake... i think i lost a couple mpg, but i never really kept track to begin with... ill try a 0-60 this week.. and i just flat out dont have the time to hit the dyno... the closest one is like a hour+ drive.... schedule is just too messed up to make the drive right now...
HAve you had a chance to do a 0-60 test with a stop watch, or at least with your watch? How does the car feal? Do you have a CAI and the new exaust. What performance upgrades do you have installed, and have you noticed it being quicker?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Darren07RT said:
eh... between that and the "hot air" intake... i think i lost a couple mpg, but i never really kept track to begin with... ill try a 0-60 this week.. and i just flat out dont have the time to hit the dyno... the closest one is like a hour+ drive.... schedule is just too messed up to make the drive right now...
All you need is a short piece of payvement away from the police that is clear, so you can do the test. It takes about 10 seconds to do the run.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
i aware how long it takes to do a 0-60... i meant the dyno was far away.. ive been asked to dyno my car like 5000 times.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Try it in manual mode though. The CVT will lag at 45-50mph for some reason. I had mine in auto to about 45 in 6 secs but it actually held between 45-50 for 2 secs then surged again to 60 and up. I havent tryed it in manual yet though.

·
Registered
721 Posts
That's not really my type of sound. I guess I'm a truckish type of guy though. If the flowmaster guys get ahold of a Caliber and do something to it, you can bet I'll be on it. I've got a 40 Series on my 2.5L Wrangler right now. Its a little louder than I had anticipated, but its better than the 500lb factory one.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v127/CoriolisSTORM/Jeep/videos/

Some videos I took of it, the phone I have does not have a recorder like most, so this is what I used...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Does anybody else have anything out for the caliber exhaust? (that I can also hear that is?) I'm halfway ready to go with a cutout... (probably would sound awful though)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I just want something as quiet as possible. To me loud exhuast on a 4 cylinder sounds absolutely awful. The magnaflow is pretty mellow though. That tone but as quiet or quieter than stock would be nice.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
mine is a little louder due to the intake, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Magnaflow Cat Back System Is Available For The 1.8l And The 2.0l Part #16759. I Found It For $372.00 Plus Shipping.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered it, it will take 2 months to have it here in Italy if I don't want to pay extra for urgent shipping and it will cost me 470 € from the cheaper store that I found, the "official" Magnaflow italian dealer asked more than 600 € :Ill put it on the 2.0 diesel hoping that the central part fits, if not it'll have to be made by the workshop. Too bad that's so difficult to have parts for a "normal" price here in europe...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought it and now it's on my black Sport CRD here in Italy :D(I think that actually I'm the only one to have one of it in my country) . Its' the code 16759 for FWD Calibers and it's not originally intended to fit a diesel engine equipped Caliber, but I thought that after the catalityc converter all the Calibers should be the same except for the different pipe for AWD and FWD and I was right.

It was easy to mount, about 1 hour, lifting the car on one side. About the performances, I'm sorry to say that on diesel engines the sound is quite the same of the OEM one as it is in terms of performance. I feel some difference at the rev range of maximum torque that is around 2000 rpm, but not so much. However, as I said, it was not intended to be mounted on a diesel car so i can't pretend anything but the look:cool:, and I'm very happy of having it, the car now is even more "exotic" than before: rare to see one here and with an even rarer exhaust :)

Pictures will follow soon after the rainy days and with a washed car...

(sorry for my bad broken english)

·
Registered
29 Posts
with mine in low i dont have a 4000 rev limiter i can keep going to 6500 but i only take it usually to about 4000 before i shift to drive, this gives me great accelleration:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've not seen the torque curve of the diesel engine but I think that it's useless to go over 4500 revs. I'm not sure that you're talking about the diesel engine.

I'll mount the powerbox for the diesel engine in the weekend and i'll post some photos and my opinion, however I want the powerbox in order to fill the hole between 0 and 2000 revs, the diesel engine is "lazy" under the peak of the torque, it causes, sometimes , that the engine shuts off if I don't work in the right way with the clutch's pedal in the jump starts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Fingernipp said:
I just want something as quiet as possible. To me loud exhuast on a 4 cylinder sounds absolutely awful. The magnaflow is pretty mellow though. That tone but as quiet or quieter than stock would be nice.
IMO the Magnaflow exaust is the best mod abailable for the Caliber. It is a little louder than stock, BUT not enough to be a problem, like the cai's are. It also actually increases performance to. No rice sound either, just a nice base note, like a quiet small v8.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I feal the magnaflow exaust is a great mod. I have not had it installed long enough yet to have an accurate reading on gas milage, but it does feal a little more powerfull. I have done some 0-60 tests, but the numbers varry. I have a beltech performance comptuer that detect motion. It appears to decrease my 0-60 by about .5 seconds.

I do have the K&N CAI installed, with Dyanmat totally covering it. I do plan no adding an additional layer that faces the exaust.

The following are links to videos I made with the car Stock, and with the new Magnaflow Exaust. I have the R/T AWD, which uses a different exaust than all of the other non-AWD calibers.

You will notice the deaper sound it makes.

Also note that the camera was rather close to the car, so it picks up many sounds that you do not normally dont notice. That is why I did a before and after. Yes you know what your car sounds like, but to get a good idea what the magnaflow really sounds like you need to listen to stock to get an idea what the microphone does to the real sound.

Stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04jCQ_Mvsw
Magnaflow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQ7XRba_Vk

41 - 60 of 65 Posts