Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought. I'm willing to bet that the Magnum R/T AWD has larger brakes than the Caliber. And they're both the same bolt pattern, so might it be possible to swap the brakes out of the Magnum and put them onto the caliber? We know the wheels will fit courtesy of our newest SXT owner with those charger wheels on his.

I'm curious how much is swapable between the cars. I'm sure there are lots of foolish people who have wrecked their magnum's that would not be needing some of those parts...

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you swapped in the brakes from the Magnum, you'd probably need the calipers, too. Then you'd need to up the line pressure to compensate the larger calipers and rotors. :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I meant by brakes. Calipers/rotors.

But wouldn't that be great to have just freaking massive brakes on the caliber? They're relatively good sized the way they are now. Probobly the biggest limiting factor in terms of braking power are the tires really. Damnit these firestones suck.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, the second I get my Caliber (hopefully in a year or so :D), I'm swapping those sons of bitches out...ugh..

StopTech or some other kits should become availible soon I hope. And the SRT-4 has Charger brakes so I imagine it'd work with a little bigger rim.:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, see, I was right for once!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts