Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out my stereo to the REC Navigation unit. I have a Marine Blue bezel that fits the stock stereo's left over. If you have a Marine Blue Caliber with the silver bezel (no sport package ordered) then this bezel looks great for an easy swap. You'll also need the shift lever bezel which runs about $25 at the dealers. Will sell for $45+shipping.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did you do the REC install yourself? Any tips? Also, did you get a new unit from a dealer or did you buy a used one? And how 'bout some pix!! :cool:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the install myself. It's quite easy. I did not mount the gps antenna in the normal designated spot. I found a much easier place directly above the stereo. There is a small recess centered above the stereo that works great. Just had to loosen the dash top a bit and mounted it using high temp double sided tape.

You will need a new bezel for the larger opening of the nav unit. Unfortunatly Dodge has their part number system messed up. The part numbers they show in dealers systems and catalogs are flagged for export only and none list in stock anywhere and can't be ordered. The only correct number dealers will have is for the silver bezel. I did a ton of calling and finally found the correct part number for the marine blue nav bezel. I gave the number to my dealer who ordered it. It is stocked only at national (detroit). Took about 4 days to get it to my dealer. I'm sure the other colors are in stock but you gotta find the correct number yourself to give your dealer! If you need help finding the right number for your color then let me know.

You'll also need a nav mounting bracket. That is readily available from your dealer for about $10.

The rest is easy. All wires from current stereo simply unplug and plug into Nav stereo. Sirius, UConnect, Steering controls etc. worked just as before.

·
Registered
83 Posts
hello! i am interested in buying that part!
what will shipping to austria cost?

cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered a Solar Yellow NAV bezel from Wyckoff Chrysler and received an email that "Chrysler has them listed as no longer available". Jeff at Wyckoff thinks it's a mistake and Chrysler is working on a solution. No other information available. I'm holding off on buying the REC NAV system for now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
when i get that bezel from Huff that is enough.
i then will cut and paste without any haste
and make whatever i need. it will be sweet
putting in whatever there is space for.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use to have a PT Cruiser. Which I had my dash and other items painted to match the car. The information below is who did the work he does nice work and is really reasonably priced. He does a lot of PT Cruiser stuff, I can't believe he would not do Calibers. I am sure he would like to enter this new market.
703-597-5354
Bill Seat
8100 Tall Timber dr
Gainesville VA 20155[/FONT]
http://www.fastlanegrafiX.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts