Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let the mods begin :) been feeling kinda' ill so things been slow but trying to get out now and then. here's the latest pics.

Waipahu and the Ewa Plains in far background

looking straight down at Pearl

my cool transporter do it all mobile!

damn stylish ride IMO

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cool pics of the ride. And I like the random, too!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very cool. That is the exact model & color I want to get. How big is that mutant hawaiian centipede? I think I've seen something similar on the Discovery channel or National Geographic channel ie. World's Most Scariest insects... lol

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I hope "Binky" doesn't see and read all that scary stuff about the centipedes and ants.

He had the @!%* scared out of him enough by just by the Caliber... :D :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
That looks great! I just got a Marine Blue SXT Sport too. While I'm not quite the photographer you are, this pic shows what I did with the grille. What do you think. Is it better or should I have left it black? I'm not sure. DSC_0020s.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think I have to say that color is my 2nd favorite, looks REALLY sharp. Love the photos too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cool pictures...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TimSax said:
That looks great! I just got a Marine Blue SXT Sport too. While I'm not quite the photographer you are, this pic shows what I did with the grille. What do you think. Is it better or should I have left it black? I'm not sure. View attachment 345
Thanks for the comments all! Hey TimSax, your Caliber deserves a thread. So make one and we can give feedback there. I got some ideas for ya'! :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
hey hey leave me alone... where'd you get the floor mats and the wheel cover... only thing, is the wheel cover one of those thick neoprene ones or is it real tight and thin?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
more thanks to you Caliber fans :)

mudstone: the floor mats are rubber generic ones from good ole' Grand Auto (now merged with Kragen?). they are quite a few years old. took them out of my truck, cleaned up w/Simple Green, poked some holes for the Caliber retention plugs et voila' a new lease on life. still got to figure out the rear seat mats. I looked at some cut it yourself rubber matting for the back cargo area but that stuff weighs a ton! so just got some lightweight carpet material to try next.

the steering wheel slipcover is also another generic part. it is thick but protects the leather wheel from the tropical sun and also much cooler to grab when you first get in. since this is my playmobile my hands will be greased up with sunblock or sand or beachgrime so anything to protect that wheel is good to go.

I seriously got to figure something out for those seats next! was using my beach towel but it's already wet and grubby by the time heading home. there's this company called "Wet Okole" (wet butts) that makes custom neoprene covers but what a shame to cover the seats unless get them made in exactly the same color combo and for low back, not generic high bucket covers. hmmm, thinking.

KimBo K. - Mahalo (thank you). I live 'Aiea Heights which as you can see is above Pearl Harbor. I went to school here then went forth into the world and now very fortunately have come home to roost. it is a dream come true to be able to do so. there's not a day goes by one looks at Pearl and thinks and wonders quietly. our military does it's best to keep your attention as well as I've seen the wildest things in the harbor or flying overhead. As you may or may not know, the US is currently doing missile testing off Kauai, in response to the N. Korean threat. Needless to say things are hopping over here in the Pacific reaches of the USA.

no new pics but here's one from the passenger side. I really like this car alot! this tank of gas tripmeter at 90 miles and still 3/4 tank what's up with that :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm on a different island but no doubt the test area is off limits. maybe by boat from far away. I don't know exactly where when they say "off Kauai", the Hawaiian island chain stretches 1,000 miles away to the Kure Atoll (the new marine preservation area).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
snapped this today when I was carrying stuff on the passenger seat. very cool, finally to have smart airbag system. the salesguy told me also varies deployment force or something with passenger weight as well as turn off completely for light load. is that true?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts