Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, the post i never wanted to start. in the line of duty ... my cali ... was wounded. BY AN IDIOT!!! lets start from the beginning. Me, my mother and father took a road trip. Before we left, I said we should take my cali. We did and left for Northern WI. After driving around and stopping at several places, we started for home. On the way, the parents got hungry so i dropped them of at a resturant and went across to best buy. Well after finding a Gander Mountian, i stopped there first. Then I get a call saying they were done. So i picked them up and told them I still wanted to go to Best Buy. We went there, parked, and went in. When i left, I see my dad standing by my cali talking to some guy asking if he was alright. I asked what happend and he said the guy fell of his motorcycle. RIGHT INTO MY CALIBER!!! My right rear door broke his fall. So i look and there is a streak. getting mad at this point. But it rubbed off. BUT then I stand back and see the 6 inch dent. NOW IM PISSED. We wait for the guy, and he comes out and my dad tells him that he damaged his sons car (MINE). We call the police, exchange info, and leave. BUT TO THIS SECOND IM STILL PISSED!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Any words of wisdom in the time of despair would help.:( :( :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Words of wisdom:

It's a car. Just a car. Nobody was hurt, and your car can be repaired. Getting and maintaining a pissed-off attitude for hours (days?) after the event does nothing useful for anyone and only serves to raise your blood pressure, lower your immune system response, and do other bad things to you.

Repeat after me: "I will not get upset because my collection of glass, steel, cloth, rubber and aluminum is not perfect."

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had a friend who used to intentionally put a scratch into his new vehicles, so he didn't have to get all upset when it happened by accident.

·
Registered
911 Posts
sgodun said:
Words of wisdom:

It's a car. Just a car. Nobody was hurt, and your car can be repaired. Getting and maintaining a pissed-off attitude for hours (days?) after the event does nothing useful for anyone and only serves to raise your blood pressure, lower your immune system response, and do other bad things to you.

Repeat after me: "I will not get upset because my collection of glass, steel, cloth, rubber and aluminum is not perfect."

Its hard to think that way when you wait so long to get the damn car. And work so hard to pay for it. Now its damaged and will never be the same again. The car will always have a history of being in an accident now matter how well its fixed. He's more than likely still paying for it and so now he's paying for a DAMAGED new car!!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You called!:eek: Seriously, I thought there was a problem. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully the damage can be repaired easily, maybe even with a paintless dent removal and she'll be as good as new.

Medic

·
Registered
175 Posts
My car got hit to, but I maintain my cool. Think about this:

1. it wasnt your fault, thats what insurance is for.

2. he ran into your car because it was beautiful.

3. it was his fault

4. he ran into a park car

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey, people can heal, cars can't.

JUST KIDDING!!!

I understand the frustration, I remember my last new car (which was black), getting its first door ding in a parking lot.. things just weren't the same. Especially when it wasn't worth the money to fix a tiny scratch. But, it's going to happen, and that's why there are body shops and paint shops.. hey this might give you a reason to do some sort of custom upgrade (body kit, or something) to make up for it :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
orangecalibersxt, thanks for caring. no really, my car is just metal and glass but IM PAYING FOR IT FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS. O by the way Medic, I forgot about ur screen name LOL LOL.

·
Registered
911 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
orangecalibersxt, thanks for caring. no really, my car is just metal and glass but IM PAYING FOR IT FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS. O by the way Medic, I forgot about ur screen name LOL LOL.
No problem. I guess money is no object to sgodun. He must of had a Caliber handed to him and didn't have to wait 4 or 5 months to get it.

I would be extremely pissed off if someone would dent or scratch my vehicle. I don't make all the money in the world and was barely able to afford it as it is. Its the most expensive purchase I've ever made and is worth more than anything I have ever had. The Caliber I bought costs more money than I make in a year. Thats how precious this car is to me. I'm sure black-sxt-sport feels the same way. Not many 18 yr olds car afford a new car such as a Caliber. Most have rust buckets with $600 stereo's in them. :D

My vehicles are treated like its the last vehicle I'll ever be able to afford. The Stratus R/T I just traded look absolutely brand new without the new car smell. The inside has no stains or anything. The outside has no dents or scratches at all. Its like I just bought it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
dude i waited 8 months for my caliber... got and the next day some german dude backed into my right rear door tire and bumper... his fault... then i try to get it fixed and he is refusing to pay for it... now my car is in the shop getting fixed... should be back by monday... they gave me a POS dodge neon base model with black interior and a slippy ****ty clutch. oh and my insurance is eating the cost then they are gonna go after the guy... **** happens man... don't get all bent out of shape.... yea it sucks... your car is now flagged as been in an accident... so is mine... there just isn't anything you can do about it...so deal with it a little more productively than getting pissed

·
Registered
911 Posts
Guess you don't give a **** about your vehicles....

·
Registered
168 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
No problem. I guess money is no object to sgodun. He must of had a Caliber handed to him and didn't have to wait 4 or 5 months to get it.
Alternately, I could recognize the difference between an annoyance that isn't worth raising my blood pressure over, and a tragedy that has real meaning. Or perhaps I'm just not a materialistic prick who whines like a little baby when every little thing isn't perfect. You choose.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Everyone clam down! You are right for being mad about the accident, but it wasn't your fault. no use being so upset. If it makes you feel better, I got my first big scratch last week. And I did it myself, I was parking my beater car (89 Berretta) behind my Caliber and freaking ran right into the back of it. No damage, but a pretty decent scratch. (not buffing out) I was pissed for a while, but then just gave up on it. All things in life deteriorate, yours just happened a little faster than normal. But at least insurance is covering it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts