Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i waxed the cali yesterday with thier 3 step cleaner/polish/wax....man the car shined so freakin nice!!! didn't get any picks, but now it's dirty! i would highly recommend it...alot of work but a very good product!

·
Registered
506 Posts
what type of work does it entail?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldn't agree more, see my post in another topic on my preferred method:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34054&postcount=16

NOxygen said:
Turtle Wax ice....
As I understand it, Ice is a polish with some wax inside.

In my opinion you would get a lot better result if you first wash and clay the paintwork (and if needed cleaner) and then use Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish and finish it of with NXT topped of with Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax.

Polish should be polish, wax should be wax.
But that's me....
Products for the paintwork for me are:
NXT Car Wash
Quick Clay with Quick Detailer (also keeping a bottle of detailer in the car, incase of bird dropings and so on)
Deep Crystal Polish
NXT Tech Wax (+extra spray for maintaining)
Gold Class Clear Coar Liquid Wax

Also the wash mitt, water magnet and microfibers are great to use.

So yes another Meguiar fan here! :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Still prefer my Zaino. Tried and true on my own vehicles, no reason for me to switch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just washed, waxed and polished the Cali. and it was a lot of work but it is worth the effort.I used the Meguires as well and really like the product.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here is a pic of the Cali all cleaned up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I have had great luck with Meguiars and Mothers products. Wax is wax to me, but I do like to stick to one/ two main companies.

Great job JLM 3, Caliber looks great!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Cowboy said:
is it really good product if it needs lot of work? ;)
Depends about how much you care about how your vehicle looks. Preping the paint for wax is the hardest part. After that it's easy to just apply wax and buff it off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you find something that works for you stick with it. The meguiar line are excellant products. The 3 step is just a very basic system but still it gives amazing results. With the use of a Porter Cable polisher and more advance products you will have shine that will blow your mind. But remember the best wax in the world can only make your car shiney but it can't fix imperfections in the paint surface.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was just kidding in my reply.
Waxes and paint sealants which are easy to use usually will not remove dirt properly.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well the 1st step is a cleaner then 2nd polisher then 3rd the actual wax. so waxing the car 3 times is alot of work. it took my wife and i about 2 straight hours to do ours. looked fantastic when finished and was smooooooth as glass. looked great.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i want it!!! but i have no way of getting it out here...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts