Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

We wanted to let everyone know that December will be our last month as a sponsor on this site.

Our goal as a new company was to offer a fun contest for everyone and anyone to show off their rides. I think we were able to accomplish that for the most part. The other goal was and is to sell calendars. We are off to a slow start, but realize that people are just now starting to think about buying calendar for 2011 (makes for great gift as well), so are keeping our hopes up. Our website will still be up, but we can no longer afford the fee for sponsorship.

Not sure what happens to our usernames, threads, etc. but if they go as well, feel free to email us at [email protected] or through our website, MemberCalendars.com.

We hope to be back next year, but we need to get though this year first. I think anyone who has already ordered and received the calendar would agree, that they turned out great. They really did, it's a quality product. Big thanks to all our supporters, means a lot to us.

ps. We have Christmas special running right now, $11.99 for any calendar. Happy early Holidays to everyone.

-Gene & Adam

·
Registered
698 Posts
so you came in, collected photos from members, got what you wanted, put together a calendar with those photos to sell for profit, and are now leaving. :twak:

kinda expected that.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't, so not sure how you could have. Just curious, where do you think we can sell these photos for profit? I don't know of company's looking to buy these photos, but it would help if I did. This was a calendar contest, nothing else. But again, if you know of companies looking to buy images from taken from members, let me know. I'm sure others here will be interested as well.

We have barley sold any Caliber calendars. And gave 2 free calendars to all the winners (13 of them, 26 calendars). That is why we can't afford to be sponsors any longer, and for no other reason.

So again, not sure how you could have expected it, because I didn't. We wanted to be on here a long time.

Sorry to be so harsh, but your comment was pretty attacking. This was a ton of work for us and you sound like we are swimming in money.

-Gene

so you came in, collected photos from members, got what you wanted, put together a calendar with those photos to sell for profit, and are now leaving. :twak:

kinda expected that.

·
Premium Member
33,175 Posts
Sorry to see you go. But I understand that its rough to get started.

If you come back next will look forward to it.

And yes, the calendars are amazing!! :bigthumb:

kinda expected that.
I don't see anybody else offering to do this here...if people are going to take their time to create a contest and create a calendar, why shouldn't they attempt to earn a profit?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
will you guys still be offering the calenders throughout the year?

Sorry to see you guys have to go, hopefully they let you keep the username and you can still come on here to check in every now and then.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tough is right. I'm trying to keep my hopes up though, but once January ends, calendar buying season is pretty much done for. And that's not too far away. It's alright, we really believed in this idea and that car enthusiasts, like ourselves, would love this. Many have, but the costs to get licensed, sponsor 50+ car groups, and build a website are outweighing the amount of orders we've received so far, by a landslide. So we will still have our website up, but at this point we just are looking so what we can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.