Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dodgeparts.com has the stability control module listed now under caliber specific parts ...

Stab cntl module 2007 $227.00
I also found what they list as the instrument cluster listed for just over $300 and ill have to do some research to see if that includes the EVIC.

If these items are as easy to add as just plugging them in the price will rival that of the factory. If you consider these prices added to yoru financed total you may in some cases even be paying more for the same features from factory.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
why would it void the warrenty?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have any knowhow and the tools to get it done its actually very easy to get it done. This is no more intrusive than installing the mopar catback system. I have already done my own uconnect install along with the rec nav and the dealers actually show interest in my dash harness. As long as you dont modify the car in such fashion that its irriversable or causes it to operate such a way that it was not intended your fine. Ordering the car with the options was not possible for many of us due to late availability. Also as i said before it is actually cheaper after the fact depending on your financing. Plus for those of us who enjoy modding and tweaking its quite fun.

·
Registered
86 Posts
There may be more than just the Stab cntl module involved with the ESP function. If it's anything like the Magnum, there is a sensor module located in the middle of the car under the center console. This apparently has strain guages that detect lateral movement of the vehicle. There is also a harness and ESP switch on the console. Even if all the parts are available, it would probably require calibration at the dealer using the StarScan.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the 4th i have an appointment to get my seat fixed. I plan to ask the parts guys to have a peek in their books so i can see the entire system. Ill get all the part numbers and see if its worth looking further into it. I definetly want to do the EVIC display though and plan to see about the cluster assembly and see if it can be parted from the EVIC (dont see why not). Although it may not be sold seperately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts