Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice now, my wife has reported a strange & brief electrical problem in our Caliber. The first time, I was not with her so I was working on just her description. Tonight, it happened with me in the car.

Same conditions both times: driving at night, not working any buttons/switches/etc (not even switching hi/lo beams or changing the radio)....the 4-way flashers blink one or twice. Nothing else, no warning lights or beeps. Just the 4-ways briefly coming on.

Anyway, just wondering is anyone has found this weird occurance in their Caliber.

J

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you sure that you didn't bump the unlock button on the remote keyless entry by accident? possibly the key was swinging around on the ignition and bumped something. Just a thought.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EXcaliber said:
Are you sure that you didn't bump the unlock button on the remote keyless entry by accident? possibly the key was swinging around on the ignition and bumped something. Just a thought.
Yep, sure of that....impossible with the keychain we have. That & when we first got the car & had both keys, I was playing with the extra one. When the car is running & in drive, it seems that signals from the other key for are not reacted to.

J

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the same bloody thing happen to me today on the base!

I was kinda wondering if I was losing my mind or something.

My wife had opened the passenger door to get in and when she sat down and buckled up the four-way flashers came on and blinked twice, for no reason.

The car was running at the time...no other buttons were hit either.

This has never happened to me or my wife before since we got the car.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
maybe the car was happy to see you

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm usually happy to see it as well, means that I'm not deployed again. LOL

Seriously though, anyone else have this happen to them? Kinda an odd thing wouldn't you say?

I don't have any of the security packages...so what the blazes does it mean?

Regards

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fingernipp said:
maybe the car was happy to see you

That is hilarious fingernipp!

·
Registered
687 Posts
If I remember I'll try to ask the repair guys at work to see if they have ever ran across this or have any ideas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've noticed weird things with mine too... when i have my headlights on full, and i put my right-turn flasher on, my interior lights all go dim and as soon as the flasher clicks off, the interior lights go back to normal. My left-turn one doesnt give me any issues tho... weird.

·
Registered
976 Posts
endeavor said:
I've noticed weird things with mine too... when i have my headlights on full, and i put my right-turn flasher on, my interior lights all go dim and as soon as the flasher clicks off, the interior lights go back to normal. My left-turn one doesnt give me any issues tho... weird.
I would say you have a warranty problem,it could be related to a
battery/charging sytem deficiency or a bad harness connect/short
but I would definitely get it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
BTT....

Any Idea on the hazzard flashes yet?

IBUILDCALIBERS....I'm looking at you. ;)

Regards

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well the Caliber is in at the shop for a check engine light.

It was kinda weird.

The temps were pretty low that night and I pluged it in as per usual...-30C isn't something to snort at you know.

The car was warmed up and I drove off, nothing seemed out of the ordinary at all, then the light came on.

We'll see what they come up with as a solution.

I also told them about the hazzard lights flashing. They never heard of this before so they'll investigate.

Hopefully I'll be able to shed some light on this sometime today.

Regards

·
Registered
976 Posts
The only time I noticed the hazards flash was when I set locks
with keyfob but unlock door with the key,then the hazard lights
flash twice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok....all owners in Canuckistan above Toronto pay attention.

The computers and sensors for the cooling system are geared towards the US settings. When you get a cold snap for the first time the computer gets a bit screwy, therefore the code and the check engine light.

This is for pretty much the earlier cars off the line, the later one's should be fine.

They took it to the computer and it came up as a TSB and an update for the PC. The update sorts out the range for the temperature/ thermostat for the more normal winter temperatures experienced by anyone outside GTA.

As for the four way flasher coming on by itself when the car was running, they don't know and are going to get in touch with DCX and get ot the botom of it. I'm the second one in the area that had reported it.

There was no code attached to it either...as of right now it's a mystery.

Regards

·
Registered
687 Posts
I knew there was something else I was going to ask about at work, but forgot what it was and couldn't remember what thread...until now. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,
Is there a low windshield washer fluid warning light/message? My caliber ran out right on the highway just after it snowed and the road was just salted (messy windshield) but i had no warnings at all.. also.. ive noticed when its really cold outside i get low tire warnings on my tires until i start driving.. then theyre ok.. *shrug*

·
Registered
77 Posts
The tire pressure is lower because of the lower atmosperic temps. As you drive the rubber heats up and thereby heats the air inside causing it to expand, bringing up the pressure.

My washer fluid also ran out with no light or alarm....not good on the Queensway.

Regards

·
Registered
687 Posts
I talked with the repair guys last night and they think that it's either a short/bad hazard switch or more likly the WCM wireless control module in the car of a bad key remote.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts